WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #12 of 84 Hotels in San Jose
Springfield, Virginia
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Nice and comfortable room except every time i wanted to sit back against the wall on my bed, it would slide away a little :) and I had to push the bed back against the wall. Bathroom was clean and OK. Shower space was too little. Breakfast was excellent. Nice buffet. Cook can make on the spot anything you like to eat. Overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Korean first
White Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Balmoral - the facilities are totally modern and very nice. The wi-fi even worked as good as expected (for a hotel)

It really is a good location. The staff were all excellent we had no problems being gringo US english only people and were treated great by everyone.

The restaurant has really good food - the included breakfast buffet is great. For dinner the food is good -- but be prepared to pay US prices but it offers a great view of the pedestrian street outside.

I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Joe M
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, friendly staff, good food, nice rooms and easy access to the walking malls and great historic attractions! A little difficult to find if you are not familiar with the streets and walking boulevards of San Jose, but it all makes sense once you figure it out! A great value and safe, secure parking if you drive!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Antioch, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Balmoral hotel has an excellent location, in the center of San Jose, walking distance of tourist sites,shops and restaurants, Adriana at the front desk had our rooms and lunch ready for us when we arrived excellent food, the staff was very courteous. We thank Balmoral for their great hospitality and thank you Adriana for your a job well done :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lnajarro45
new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Decent rooms, decent location, ugly entrance, but the principal reason for the terrible rating is that the front desk has no concept of customer service, whatsoever. They made an attempt to charge me for mini bar products that were not consumed, and would not accept my statement about the products not having been consumed. Additionally, the prices were extortionate even for a mini bar.
When I told reception I would be staying another night I was told I had to pay before I could re-enter my room, being treated as a virtual criminal.
There was no understanding of even the most basic requirements of customer service.
Lastly, a fairly miserable minimal buffet breakfast. Hard pancakes, mediocre pastries, no selection of fresh fruit, and cold coffee.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bigbodes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I were road tripping through Costa Rica and wanted to find a place to stay in the heart of San Jose. The location was right in the heart of San Jose. The restaurants were so good we could just eat there for each of our nights.

The best part of our stay was when we were looking for tours, the front desk attendant took it upon herself and called a tour company she knew of so I could talk to them. That led us to having the best tour we could have imagined.

The one thing I would make sure people understand is downtown San Jose isn't somewhere you want to explore late at night so if you're adverse to staying in the hotel and having a drink at the bar, downtown San Jose may not be your best choice.

For us though, the price, location and quality were great and I couldn't see why anyone would stay anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2013
playa del Coco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed at the Balmoral Hotel a few times, they have clean rooms, good restaurant &bar.I checked in for two nights and the price posted said $105.00 per night unless you stay longer then it is $75.00 per night,they put throught the charges on my visa right away, then I got to the desk to check out and the woman at the front desk told me it would be another $118.00 because the $212.00 was only a holding fee.I pointed out the price of the rooms were $105.00 per night for standard rooms, she said to me "just to let you know, the rooms are more for next time" If its more take down the posted prices. I don't think I will stay there again I don't need to argue when I leave a place. This is very unprofessional.The Presidential is just across from there, I will stay there from now on

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 3rd floor