We stayed at the Radisson in San Jose for about 6 days. Overall, it was a great hotel. I'll break our visit down into positive and negative qualities of the hotel:
- Very clean, picturesque, well maintained, modern
- Our breakfast was included, and it was much nicer than the typical free breakfast I am used to. Quite a few selections in the buffet, along with a on-demand omelette station.
- The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful. We asked them about tour recommendations, directions to various establishments, etc, etc. I was quite impressed. The staff here were more helpful and friendly than any hotel I have ever visited. In the U.S., I'm used to rude and useless hotel employees (most of them are). The Radisson in San Jose was much different.
- The hotel was very accomodating. We asked for a king bed and a room away from the street. No problem!
- Reception desk staff speak english very well.
- Wifi was unreliable and slow. The signal faded in and out throughout the hotel.
- The food and drinks are quite expensive. I could go as far as saying they are overpriced. The food isn't bad at the restaurant, but there are better options for less money in San Jose.
- The maids are a bit noisy in the morning. They carry 2-way radios on their carts, and these radios are quite loud, and the room doors are quite thin. This woke us up a number of times. Also, they seem to have a habit of slamming doors in the hallways, which also is a bit annoying in the morning.
- Apart from the reception desk, the english fluency of the staff is spotty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting a convenient location near the historic city center, the Radisson Hotel San Jose, Costa Rica offers comfortable accommodations in the city's vibrant financial, commercial and government district. The hotel is also close to major attractions including the National Theatre, Golden Museum and a range of shopping and dining options. While staying with us, you will enjoy on-site amenities such as a Fitness Center, Executive Lounge, an on-site casino, spacious meeting rooms and two restaurants - everything you need for a truly exceptional hotel stay. Reserve your stay online today and experience the comfort and convenience of the Radisson Hotel San Jose, Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Europa Hotel San Jose
- Radisson Europa Hotel And Conference Center
- Radisson San Jose
- San Jose Radisson
- Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica