Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica
$75
$101
$60
Hotels.com
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
$103
$84
  • Breakfast included
$95
$77
Cocoon Hotel(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$38
$35
  • Breakfast included
$160
Orbitz.com
$108
$93
1,373 results
All reviewssleep numbercosta ricahot tubbuffet breakfastroom was largecomfortable hotelclose to downtownnice poolgymgoldstaxiconferenceconsproscountrydollars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel sits near the university in san pedro. It is very nicely decorated and clean. The breakfast was solid and the hotel boasts a gold's gym which guests may use. It even at a aerobics room for classes. The hot tub wasn't working or the temperature wasn't warm which was a negative. Other than that I enjoyed staying here for 2 nights. Although the bartender didn't speak a lot English we were able to ask her in broken spanish the night life spots to hit up. She recommended jazz cafe and vertigo bar.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jonathan c
RD_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Jonathan:

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and her sister and I spend a week at this property in June 2012. On the third day of our stay we discovered that our room safe had been opened and a large amount of case taken. With our Spanish speaking co-workers, we filed a complaint with hotel management. We received word, never any direct face to face, that management was having hotel security "look into it" Later discussions with the security chief revealed that he had reviewed the security tapes from the cameras from both ends of the hall where our room was located. He stated that the only people that entered the room besides ourselves, were hotel staff.

This pretty much falls into the realm of possibilities that I assertained through my own investigation: no forced entry to the room or the safe door; yet the $$ was missing. The hotel manager pointedly ignored both my wife and her sister each time they tried to speak with him regarding this matter: he tried the same with me; claiming that he had other appointments, etc. and that security was handling the matter: Alas, we left the property one week later, and still many $$'s short: We have sent several letters to Radisson Corporate; however, have yet to receive anything remotely satisifactory regarding responses.

Therefore, anyone heading for San Jose, Costa Rica, please beware that there's a possibility of collusion with the internal staff of this property to relieve their patrons of their valuables from the room safes; which of course, makes perfect sense since they have the master code for every safe on the property.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank allen43756
RD_CRSanJose, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

From all the staff the Radisson apologize for the misunderstanding that had at our hotel is already aware of the situation and are taking steps to make in a similar situation not happen again what happened to you again thank you for your comments so we can improve our service.

Regards

Reviewed January 12, 2013

It was nice to stay in a hotel with such spacious rooms and high ceilings. Another nice feature is its proximity to downtown. The city center is within easy walking distance, although to reach it you have to cross a big intersection with no crosswalks. (And I'm not sure I would chance it after dark.) The staff were pleasant and efficient, and beds comfy. We were able to find a good deal online, which made it a terrific value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ken K
RD_CRSanJose, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Ken and Clara:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Average Hotel that feels a little tired and could do with a refurb. Rooms are quiet but windows are small so there is limited natural light. Reception staff and at the breakfast were really friendly and nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
RD_CRSanJose, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Jp Surrey:

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I spent 3 weeks here. This is not a 4-star experience!

POSITIVE ASPECTS:

Location is better than I thought, you can walk downtown in daylight in 15 minutes.

Staff (as everyone in Costa) is very friendly, but in many ways incompetent.

The laundry service. Reliable within a few hours!

Free wireless internet everywhere and it works decently.

As always, here my detailed breakdown of this hotel's problems. I hope the management will read this and consider my suggestions and improvements. Please feel free to contact me with a comment or response on tripadvisor.

—— PUBLIC AREA ——

Hallway music at 7am really loud, and at 23:40 on 25.12. Too loud to fall asleep. Again at 00:48 on Jan 3rd.

Leaf blower very loud and annoying: same result could be achieved with a broom.

—— ROOM & ROOM SERVICE ——

Lamps and many things in the room and bathroom are crooked or loose.

Both shower doors stuck in room 4038 (glas against stone - ouch).

Can't open windows in any of the suites (4038 & 4035)

No plugs next to bed!!

Toilet cover moves

All the times on the alarm clocks are totally off, up to 40 min wrong time.

The door between my two rooms suddenly locked - no idea hownt happens - can't get into my own bedroom! Had to call for help.

Cookies have not been refilled two days in the row.

Soap holder in 4035 loose, soap keeps dropping.

4035: empty mini bar and no cookies

4035: mini bar fridge very loud had to unplug it to sleep!

—— FOOD ——

First day breakfast: no one told me that half the stuff is missing because of some group event. Only scrambled eggs and rice with beans available, not even bread. I was shocked. From day 2 the buffet was expanded but the quality of everything is really bad.

In the restaurant I asked twice If orange juice is freshly squeezed, answer was yes, I still got syrup with water.

Cappuccino really bad

Breakfast: Only one kind of sandwich meat, and it's almost tasteless.

Oatmeal bad

—— GENERAL SERVICE ——

No one offered me to change room in the first week despite my multiple complaints about the bathroom (low water pressure and ugly). They said all the bathrooms are the same. Only in the second week I got a different room with a much nicer bathroom and ok water pressure. Why did they lie to me in the first week?

One time, the laundry was not picked up despite call to the reception and their promise.

I expected a guest, and they gave the guest a really hard time at the reception (almost to the point of harassment) instead of just calling me in my room to ask whether I expect someone.

Too much use of plastic for clean laundry! Not necessary and not environmentally friendly!

Why was I not informed only in the third week that I can put the hotel-taxi expenses to my room? This would have spared me a lot of handling of small change of colones.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank dgor82
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

We are unhappy to hear about the problems you encountered during your stay at our hotel. We have addressed the concerns you had regarding the quality of the food, the condition of your room, and the lack of service from the staff members with management in order to ensure we are taking the necessary measures to improve our property and our service so we are adhering to the standards of the Radisson brand. We value your feedback and we hope you get the chance to stay with us in the future so we get the chance to restore your faith in our hotel.