1,507 results
All reviews sleep number costa rica executive floor indoor pool hot tub buffet breakfast room was large close to downtown golds taxi conference cons pros country dollars neighborhood
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The Radisson Europa is a very quiet and peaceful hotel with a very accomodating staff. I stayed in a double with pool view and the room was quite large with at least 15 foot ceilings. I had no problems with the water quality or temperature. I was able to take hot showers any time of the day and brush my teeth without getting sick. The water is purified so it is safe to drink. The room has its own thermostat or you can open a window for some fresh air. Internet for your laptop is wireless and is free but you will have to pay if you use WIFI on your cell phone. The pool area is very peaceful with a vast amount of tropical plants, waterfalls and benches. The water in the pool is very cold because it is an outdoor pool and all outdoor pools in San Jose will be cold throughout the year unless they are heated. The water in the spa/hottub was hot and I spent a couple of hours soaking in it. After a long day it was good to relax in the pool area. The pictures on the Radisson website are up to date and match the hotel.

I did not find its location to be a problem. The hotel has a line of taxis out front and some are there 24 hours a day. We had a tour and needed to get a taxi to take us to the pickup location at 5:00 AM and there was a taxi ready as soon as we walked out of the lobby. In San Jose you do not want to walk around at night due to the potential for crime. The city is designed for taxis and they are everywhere. So don't hesitate taking one even if the drive is short.

If you like to work out Golds Gym is right next door and your stay includes access to the gym. It is the same size and quality as any Golds Gym in the U.S.A. There is also a casino next door if you like to gamble with Texas Hold'Em. If you need an atm there is a bank a short walk away. The distance to the bank is about half a block. You will get a better rate on currency transfer at the bank then using the currency exchange at the airport.

I ate only once at the hotel in the bar area and the food was very good. I had Cerviche and a bowl of Scallop Soup. Although they were listed as appetizers there was more than enough to make it a meal. No hotels in Costa Rica have vending machines. So if you want a soda you will have to order it from room service or go to the restaurant and purchase it. The room has a refrigerator so I would recommend getting a few sodas for future consumption.

The Radisson Europa is a great hotel and I will stay here again when I return to Costa Rica.

Room Tip: I would recommend a pool view room to ensure you get a very quiet room. My room was on the second floor and I had no complaints with it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
RD_CRSanJose, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Grettings from Radisson San Jose Costa Rica

Dear David-bb63

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your bussines and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The hotel is amazing and it is in a good part of San José. Not in the center but near it. The staff was very kind and the room was really really comfortable. The pool area is cool and have different pools. I would stay there again but one thing I really dislike in the hotel. They have one employee that is a Taxi driver and always stay in front of the hotel. It is a normal taxi just like all the taxis in San Jose. I asked them to hire a taxi for me and they brought me this taxi from the hotel. The driver didn't wanna start the taximeter and said it would be 3.000 colones for the ride. Normally I pay 700 Colones for that ride. If the taxi was one business service or different from the other taxis it would be ok, but this was really upset. This is the worst way of taking money from a tourist, the hotel should take care of the guests not taking money like this. I was really sad with this case, because every time this happens in other cities I feel like robbed. I would stay there again because it is a good hotel but I will ask in the reception to hire me one taxi that won't fool me.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Vistor N:

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
if in fact we are already taking alternatives to modify the rates of taxis ls the appropriate apologies.

Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

The Hotel is located close to The City Centre. Spacious room, good breakfast and Good value. Paid USD 109 for a Double including breakfast. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The Hotel Building Itself is a Bit Old.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Tirol76:

Reviewed October 25, 2012

As other reviews have said, it's a bit out of the center, but having experienced the noise and traffic chaos of downtown, that's perhaps no bad thing. The heavy concrete architecture of the place can be a bit overpowering, but the willingness of the staff, the comfortable beds and the good restaurant all add up fairly well. As a part of an international chain however, a bit more attention to the command of English by the principal staff would be welcome - the front desk in particular. A discussion about where places were downtown, and how to get to them, was finally put back on the rails by one of the bell captains, whose command of English (and knowledge of downtown) exceeded that of his three colleagues at the front desk. And we had to have string of minor repairs carried out - bathroom plugs and taps - toaster in the breakfast room (still not fixed after 2 days), etc. But having looked in briefly to another hotel (shalln't name it, but its tripadvisor ewrviews aren't great), this is probably the place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inside courtyard - ours was quiet, but our friends on the outside were aware of road noise
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been stayed at Radisson San Jose couple time, it's not far away from downtown, and nearby the companies I visited.

All the trips can be arranged at the counter, the travel agent would pick you up from the hotel, and send you back; even can order cafe Britt online, delivery to the hotel.

Room Tip: the adjustable bed is nice!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business