The Radisson Europa is a very quiet and peaceful hotel with a very accomodating staff. I stayed in a double with pool view and the room was quite large with at least 15 foot ceilings. I had no problems with the water quality or temperature. I was able to take hot showers any time of the day and brush my teeth without getting sick. The water is purified so it is safe to drink. The room has its own thermostat or you can open a window for some fresh air. Internet for your laptop is wireless and is free but you will have to pay if you use WIFI on your cell phone. The pool area is very peaceful with a vast amount of tropical plants, waterfalls and benches. The water in the pool is very cold because it is an outdoor pool and all outdoor pools in San Jose will be cold throughout the year unless they are heated. The water in the spa/hottub was hot and I spent a couple of hours soaking in it. After a long day it was good to relax in the pool area. The pictures on the Radisson website are up to date and match the hotel.
I did not find its location to be a problem. The hotel has a line of taxis out front and some are there 24 hours a day. We had a tour and needed to get a taxi to take us to the pickup location at 5:00 AM and there was a taxi ready as soon as we walked out of the lobby. In San Jose you do not want to walk around at night due to the potential for crime. The city is designed for taxis and they are everywhere. So don't hesitate taking one even if the drive is short.
If you like to work out Golds Gym is right next door and your stay includes access to the gym. It is the same size and quality as any Golds Gym in the U.S.A. There is also a casino next door if you like to gamble with Texas Hold'Em. If you need an atm there is a bank a short walk away. The distance to the bank is about half a block. You will get a better rate on currency transfer at the bank then using the currency exchange at the airport.
I ate only once at the hotel in the bar area and the food was very good. I had Cerviche and a bowl of Scallop Soup. Although they were listed as appetizers there was more than enough to make it a meal. No hotels in Costa Rica have vending machines. So if you want a soda you will have to order it from room service or go to the restaurant and purchase it. The room has a refrigerator so I would recommend getting a few sodas for future consumption.
The Radisson Europa is a great hotel and I will stay here again when I return to Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting a convenient location near the historic city center, the Radisson Hotel San Jose, Costa Rica offers comfortable accommodations in the city's vibrant financial, commercial and government district. The hotel is also close to major attractions including the National Theatre, Golden Museum and a range of shopping and dining options. While staying with us, you will enjoy on-site amenities such as a Fitness Center, Executive Lounge, an on-site casino, spacious meeting rooms and two restaurants - everything you need for a truly exceptional hotel stay. Reserve your stay online today and experience the comfort and convenience of the Radisson Hotel San Jose, Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Carlson, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Europa Hotel San Jose
- Radisson Europa Hotel And Conference Center
- Radisson San Jose
- San Jose Radisson
- Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica