Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Vio.com
$118
1,159 results
All reviews costa rica business center downtown hotel floor bellman morazan tours country neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed July 26, 2019

We would not recommend spending any time in this neighborhood. It did not feel safe and the park across the street is known for crime (which we found out after arriving). We are pretty seasoned travelers but turned around within a block of the hotel while out to find dinner because it felt too dangerous. When we crossed the street after eating at the hotel to get an ice cream at a shop within sight of the front entrance, we were accosted inside the gelateria by a man begging for money. He had to be chased out by the staff. It’s too bad because the rooms were comfortable and the pool is beautiful. If you need to stay in San Jose as we did to catch an early flight, stay near the airport.

Room tip: Higher floors might have better views
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank SDC372
RafaRojasM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Aurola, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2019

Upon reading your comment we have taken your suggestions and concern into careful.

Thank you for taking the time in help to improve our service ,

We would like to extend our apologies if had faced any inconveniences during your stay with us

Thank you very much for your comments Our team will work hard to make our guest stay as pleasant as possible .

Sincerely
Rafael Rojas
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed July 11, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for the first and last night of our visit. This hotel is beautiful, the beds are comfy, and the breakfast is delicious. The bar is a small intimate area with a wonderful bartender. There are lots of places to eat a couple blocks down if you don't mind walking. The area does look a little sketchy for American standards, but our tour guide assured us that is it not a dangerous place to be after dark. Since we only stayed for a little bit I cant say if it's a good tourist place or not.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RafaRojasM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Aurola, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2019

We want to extend our gratitude for sending us your comments, we are also very satisfied that your stay has been spectacular and that the days in San Jose were what you expected.

Your comments are very important for us as they help us to improve every day , in giving our client the best service possible .

Please we will be glad to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2019 via mobile

Hotel has changed staff again.
I’ve stayed here for 15 years. Use to enjoy knowing everyone. Now every time new staff.
It’s just not the same.
Breakfast is okay Could be improved .
Well takes care if even with new staff.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
rrojas89, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Aurola, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

Thank you very much for your comments and the time you have taken to send it to us, for us all your opinions about our Hotel are invaluable

We always appreciate your loyalty and your preference, all our staff are willing to serve you and become your trust. It will be a pleasure to have your presence here again at the hotel so that you can verify that we continue with the same human quality.

Reviewed June 5, 2019

I wanted to base my touring of Costa Rica in San Jose and be able to walk around downtown when I had a chance. I booked the Holiday Inn Aurola and was very glad that I did. If you are looking to be able to walk to the main part of downtown San Jose and be able to walk to the National Theatre in 5 minutes, I would recommend this hotel. The staff was nice and I had a great view of the city from my 12th floor room. Although you are a few blocks off from the main part of downtown, I felt safe and the hotel had a nice park right in front if you wanted to visit. I had booked my stay with a breakfast buffet every morning which was nice on the mornings that I could have breakfast. I was not able to have breakfast on two of the mornings as my tours picked me up at 5:30 am before breakfast started. All my tours picked me up and dropped me off at my hotel, which I also liked. Overall a very nice hotel, which I would stay at again, if I visit San Jose, Costa Rica again.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Katherine May M, Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Aurola, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

We are satisfied to receive comments like yours, this shows us that all our staff does their work conscientiously making our guests have a wonderful experience during their stay at our Hotel
If in the future you visit San Jose please take us as your lodging option will be a please to serve you

Sincerely
Katherine May
front Office Manager

Reviewed June 2, 2019

Even though most people gave me a "face" when I said I wanted to see San Jose, it was worth it to see how the city folk live. There are lots of things to see, even though (understandably) it's a somewhat typical city and people don't go to Costa Rica for the city. This hotel is perfectly located - walking distance to EVERYTHING we wanted to see. They serve a big complimentary breakfast. And, their mojitos are really GREAT!

Date of stay: May 2019
Katherine May M, Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose-Aurola, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

This is the reason why every day we work hard, is so that all our guests can experience the best of the stays in our Hotel,

For us will be special if you choose us as your lodging preference in your next visit to our country , we will be glad to serve you

Katherine May