All in all it's a very nice facility. The staff were very helpful and had no problem with English. Clean and well kept. May have been a five star hotel a few years ago but is beginning to show some signs of wear and tear. Carpets are a bit frayed and thin. I had the Presidential Suite and it was a tremendous bargain. The first morning I had no hot water and the shower was certainly "refreshing". The second morning it was luke warm but manageable. By the third morning I had more hot water than I ever wanted. The flush button popped out on the floor which left the toilet running but was repaired post-haste. It was interesting that there was no soap dish in the shower. Had a good looking jacuzzi and sauna but I didn't have the chance to use them. I went down for breakfast one morning and the pans in the buffet were empty so I opted out. The Palma bar was friendly and the staff very helpful. I would recommend the hotel to anyone who is not looking for lush luxury but a good clean hotel with a helpful staff. The prices were very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a relaxing getaway in the heart of Central America at the Holiday Inn ® Hotel San Jose Downtown – Aurola, conveniently nestled in the center of lively San Jose, with panoramic views of the beautiful Central Valley. Conveniently located within walking distance of a variety of local attractions, guests will enjoy superior modern amenities and facilities such as free high speed WIFI access, an on-site business center, large meeting rooms, swimming pool and hot tub, fitness center, pub bar, and two restaurants. Discover a hotel where technology and hospitality come together in perfect harmony, where you can stay connected with modern Internet wireless access, and disconnect with a relaxed Costa Rica ambiance and modern luxuries. Whether visiting for a leisure getaway or a business connection, this San Jose hotel offers a peaceful, productive atmosphere where you can get the most out of your San Jose experience.Conveniently located within walking distance of all the best downtown attractions as well as downtown businesses. You will enjoy people watching in Parque Morazan, located just outside our front door. This park features a number of sculptures and monuments which decorate the expanse of urban green, including a beautiful domed structure, known as Templo de Música, or the Temple of Music. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn San Jose Downtown Aurola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Jose Aurola Hotel San Jose
- San Jose Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn San Jose Downtown Aurola Costa Rica