I stayed here in December 2011 for 3 weeks. It is by far the best place to stay in San Jose for business. I was in a corner suite on an upper floor, and the furniture was in great condition - the room was welcoming and nice to come back to after a long day out. The room had 2 large TVs and 2 bathrooms, plus a nice dressing room. I was having terrible trouble with the internet, to the point that I had to go in the lobby to get a decent connection. The staff noticed (I didn't have to complain) and they said, "A businessperson staying with us for 3 weeks should not have to come to the lobby for internet." They ended up putting a router directly in my room and it worked perfectly. During that time I did look around at other hotels, and I felt that for the money, this was by far the best choice. The staff were fantastic - really pleasant and helpful. We had a minor earthquake when I was there and since I was on a high floor, I felt the building sway. It freaked me out, but the manager explained that the building was built to earthquake standards - it was built on rollers so that it would sway instead of crack during an earthquake. And indeed, they had earthquake safe zones on every floor.
The location is also great for tourists. You can walk to a lot of the attractions in downtown San Jose. Yes, it's not particularly safe outside at night, but I don't think anywhere in San Jose is particularly safe outside at night. In addition, there's an American-style grocery store about 2 blocks away and I loved going there to get all sorts of Costan Rican foods for a lot less than the hotel restaurant. In fact, my only real complaint about the hotel is the room service. I'm allergic to nuts, and I can't tell you how many times they gave me nutella ice cream instead of chocolate ice cream. They got my order wrong more than right, from breakfast to dinner. But they were good humored about having to fix my order all the time.
Overall I would definitely recommend the Holiday Inn for the great rooms, the location, and the fantastic staff. The value for money is outstanding and you're just not going to find a better deal anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a relaxing getaway in the heart of Central America at the Holiday Inn ® Hotel San Jose Downtown – Aurola, conveniently nestled in the center of lively San Jose, with panoramic views of the beautiful Central Valley. Conveniently located within walking distance of a variety of local attractions, guests will enjoy superior modern amenities and facilities such as free high speed WIFI access, an on-site business center, large meeting rooms, swimming pool and hot tub, fitness center, pub bar, and two restaurants. Discover a hotel where technology and hospitality come together in perfect harmony, where you can stay connected with modern Internet wireless access, and disconnect with a relaxed Costa Rica ambiance and modern luxuries. Whether visiting for a leisure getaway or a business connection, this San Jose hotel offers a peaceful, productive atmosphere where you can get the most out of your San Jose experience.Conveniently located within walking distance of all the best downtown attractions as well as downtown businesses. You will enjoy people watching in Parque Morazan, located just outside our front door. This park features a number of sculptures and monuments which decorate the expanse of urban green, including a beautiful domed structure, known as Templo de Música, or the Temple of Music. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn San Jose Downtown Aurola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Jose Aurola Hotel San Jose
- San Jose Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn San Jose Downtown Aurola Costa Rica