I have stayed three times there but basically because of location. On my next trip I will definitely not go there. It is close to everything, downtown that is, but not really friendly to families, for business might be good, but not for a family. There's a hotel in the area that only caters to sex tourist and the area is packed of prostitutes and it doesn't make you feel comfortable. There is a new manager who has made the place friendlier but he is definitely going through a hard time. Reception area people do not smile at all, they are so serious they do not smile and it is just not nice. Their internet system keeps blocking a lot of pages and you cannot do anything. I wanted to check in online for my flight and kept getting blocked, so ended up going straight to the airport causing me greater delay. Cab drivers right outside the hotel will rip you off back to back without mercy. Unless you know spanish almost perfect, and are a very good negotiator, you will never get a better rate. On my first trip I was given a $200 dollar daily rate for a cab to drive me around, and because of that reason I could barely do what I wanted to do due to price. On my second trip I got ripped off again, but on the third I got a much better rate than initial but still, they treat themselves like if you are in Vatican City or Paris. Overkill. I mean the place is not horrible, but I will not go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a relaxing getaway in the heart of Central America at the Holiday Inn ® Hotel San Jose Downtown – Aurola, conveniently nestled in the center of lively San Jose, with panoramic views of the beautiful Central Valley. Conveniently located within walking distance of a variety of local attractions, guests will enjoy superior modern amenities and facilities such as free high speed WIFI access, an on-site business center, large meeting rooms, swimming pool and hot tub, fitness center, pub bar, and two restaurants. Discover a hotel where technology and hospitality come together in perfect harmony, where you can stay connected with modern Internet wireless access, and disconnect with a relaxed Costa Rica ambiance and modern luxuries. Whether visiting for a leisure getaway or a business connection, this San Jose hotel offers a peaceful, productive atmosphere where you can get the most out of your San Jose experience.Conveniently located within walking distance of all the best downtown attractions as well as downtown businesses. You will enjoy people watching in Parque Morazan, located just outside our front door. This park features a number of sculptures and monuments which decorate the expanse of urban green, including a beautiful domed structure, known as Templo de Música, or the Temple of Music. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Priceline, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn San Jose Downtown Aurola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Jose Aurola Hotel San Jose
- San Jose Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn San Jose Downtown Aurola Costa Rica