i reserved the Presidental Suite for 2 Nights before travelling around in Costa Rica. First the good things:
- the Kingsize Bed is really nice
- if its your style the original old furniture, not my thing.. my GF liked it very much
- Breakfast is nice
- Restaurant in the Hotel is expensive but good, worth even to just get a coffe there
Sadly there been some dissapointments:
- the bathroom is a joke for a suite, it says wihrlpool on the internet, it's a bathtube with bubble's... tube and sink are old and the shower is a real joke... the shower would be ok, in a 20$ room...
- on the internetpage it stats: minibar. But the minibar is empthy on arrival, when i asked to fill it up, i got the response, they don't do minibar, but i could just order over the phone, when i tried to order from the phone, the guy from the restaurant said, they didn't have enought personel so send it to the room. so when i finally went down to the bar at like 23:15 it was closed... come on
So for me, the package was not good enough for the price of 250$ a night, i would try another hotel in san jose next time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the absence of a major first-class hotel in the country, the Constitutional Congress of the Republic of Costa Rica enacted the law number 34 on November 22, 1928, which was actually a contract subscribed on October 3, 1928, by and between the first owner of the hotel, Dr. Luis Paulino Jimenez Ortiz, and Cleto Gonzalez Viquez, President of the Republic. It granted a series of fiscal benefits to the contractor, in exchange for the construction of the hotel. There was also a provision according to which the Government was granted for twenty years the right to have at their disposal for free two apartments at the hotel for lodging foreign diplomatic representatives of extraordinary nature. Grand Hotel Costa Rica is today operated by the Elite Hotels and Resorts Costa Rica hotel chain. It is the only hotel in Costa Rica that was declared a historical and architectural monument by the government of Costa Rica. Located in the heart of the San Jose between national monuments, squares, museums and pedestrian streets, the Gran Hotel Costa Rica is just a few steps away from the cultural landmarks and entertainment venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and Travelocity so you can book your Gran Hotel Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel San Jose
- Gran Hotel Costa Rica San Jose