Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews japanese restaurant grocery store across the street costa rica main restaurant city hotel sabana park national stadium one night stay casino gym downtown conference taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2017

The location is great - close to airport and the central city - but it has obviously been around a while and could use some cosmetic touches. A typical tour group hotel but the rooms are satisfactory, the a/c is excellent and so is the WiFi (free to guests). The hotel staff are a delight: pleasant, smiling, and always ready to help, you really are made to feel welcome upon arrival. As I arrived at 9am from an early flight, it was great to be able to be checked in immediately and not wait until midday to access my room. Beds very comfortable, bathroom is adequate. Casino and gym onsite for those guests so inclined.

Room tip: Only the top floors have decent views, the rest aren't even worth looking out of!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank TravelingWoman001
Corobici, Marketing at Crowne Plaza San Jose La Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Dear TravelingWoman001,

Thank you very much for your time and for sharing with us your experience at our Hotel. It is so valuable for us to know our guests feelings. Our goal is to become the Hotel that our Guests Love.

On behalf of the Staff of the Crowne Plaza Hotel a huge thanks, we are looking forward to your next visit at our hotel.

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this particular hotel for two different nights during a trip to Pacuare Lodge. We missed our connection Inn Miami (thank your American Airlines) and had to change our reservation for a day later. We were inside of our cancellation policy, but the Crowne Plaza was understanding and did not charge us the penalty which would have been the cost of each room. The staff was very friendly and the front office staff spoke great English. There is a nice large outdoor pool, a small casino, and a Japanese restaurant that we are at twice. One night we did the hibachi grille and the other night we ate sushi and both were really good. Their breakfast buffet was very big and very good with every selection imaginable. The rooms were comfortable. It's an older hotel but it was still clean as comfortable. We stayed on the concierge floor and the evening appetizers and breakfast were really good. Boxes of cereal for the kids was perfect too! Lol! The one surprise to me was the work out area that was included. It had a lap pool and it had everything imaginable one could need to work out. I was shocked at what all was available to the guests in this fitness area. I'm almost guessing it has probable membership too because I'm not sure how the hotel alone could support that facility. We walked to lunch one day at a very close by Mexican restaurant called Las Manitas (I think that's what it was called) and it was VERY GOOD! This hotel is located on a very busy road. Lots of traffic! There is a Nissan dealership next door and a very large park that use to be fhe airport a block away. Hope this helps. We definitely would use this hotel again

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Michelle R
Corobici, Marketing at Crowne Plaza San Jose La Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Dear Roberson:

On behalf of all the hotel staff we will like to express our sincere gratitude for sharing with us your comments. Each day we work with passion to make a better perform than the day before. We are on our way to make the Hotel That Our Guests Love!

The Crowne Plaza Family will always be our pleasure to host, looking forward for your next visit.

Reviewed July 14, 2017

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago and here’s what I have to say:

The location was perfect. Not too far from the airport, right across from a Más x Menos grocery store, and it is relatively close to the city center. Although we found out that the hotel offers a shuttle service, we never got offered the service, so therefore we never knew about it. Even when I sent an email and asked, they replied but completely avoided my question. Most of the staff is very professional and friendly. Housekeeping was very nice and left the room very neat everyday. The hotel is a bit old and needs a little renovation. I slept comfortably most nights with the exception of a couple of nights when my rollaway bed was not very comfortable due to the old mattress springs pushing against my back and my ribs. I asked to please change the bed and they gladly did it. I was able to sleep comfortable since then.
The Club Lounge was small but was cozy. My only complaint is that they need a little more variety, during breakfast and during happy hour. The restaurant in the 1st floor had a lot more breakfast variety as did the bar. All of the employees were nice except for one gal who had a bit of an attitude in the Club Lounge.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t use the pool because the first 3 or 4 days it was undergoing maintenance. I wish the pool would have been heated though so I could have been able to actually use it. The hotel had frequent hot water shortages which happened at night (which is when I prefer to shower).
Overall, I would return to this hotel despite those issues.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank sagespo2009
Corobici, Marketing at Crowne Plaza San Jose La Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Dear Guest:

Our goal is to become the Hotel that our Guests Love.

We will check every detail as you mentioned. Once again thank you for staying with us.

Marketing

Reviewed July 10, 2017

ALL the staff are friendly, professional and courteous. The restaurant has a full Breakfast Buffet and Omelet Chief. It's a Business Type Property but I would have no problem staying here as a vacation destination. The Full service Athletic Club is probably one of the nicest I have used, it really is an Athletic Club. I stayed here for work but would suggest to anyone looking for a clean, safe, predictable stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
6  Thank johnkims
Corobici, Marketing at Crowne Plaza San Jose La Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Dear johnkims:

Our goal is to become the Hotel that our Guests Love.

Marketing

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is well located close to the airport.
Its an old building with old style rooms.
Its well maintained but needs a total overhaul. You feel like its been untouched since the 80's
Its clean, service is very good as in al CR, the restaurant is ok.
But I expected something much nicer for the rate we paid.
I guess there are more interesting options in SanJose, we just went with the one recomended by our travel agent.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 743luish
Corobici, Marketing at Crowne Plaza San Jose La Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Dear Luis,