“they take time to answer reviews but do not address problem while there”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici
Ranked #19 of 77 Hotels in San Jose
Scottsdale, Arizone
“they take time to answer reviews but do not address problem while there”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just returned from week stay. Had some problems at check in about upgrade prices for breakfast and club lounge and my Gold status privileges. left message for guest services for clarification, no response. Next day outlined problem in hand written letter to the general manager. NO REPLY, no nothing for the next five days. It is strange that they can address problem, with a comment in after-the-fact reviews, but they do not have the courtesy to discuss in real time with me. This, to me, shows a complete lack of concern for guest.
On check in room has musty smell due to ac being off when room not occupied and it took several hours for this to go away. House keeping also turned of ac after cleaning room so always returned stuffy humid room. not good when every day there was high humidity from daily rains. The beds were good, linens and towels were also good. Food was okay except, for me poor breakfast tried only once. I was served huge shrimp in the Japanese restaurant that were definitely past their prime; however, serving size of plate was above average. One night wanted fish in regular restaurant however my server was nice enough to say the fish was not so fresh that day and had not been for several days. The staff was not unfriendly, but not overly friendly. Twice left my key in room and the gave me new key without checking ID. On check in asked for city view, but told hotel completely full; however, on checking when arrived in room, the IC web site was still selling several types of rooms in class I was booked. An average hotel at best, but lack of management response and concerns, makes it a poor for me. mini bar prices in any hotel are never good, but were higher than normal here. Good grocery across street to get bottled water and what ever you might want extra in room. Few restaurants in area. Brazil steak house near buy had nice salads, but meats below average and very expensive.

t

Room Tip: higher the better, city side
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank AZGuys
Corobici, Sales Cordinator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest : Thank you very much for your time and for sharing it with us your comments. It will be my pleasure to be able to contact you personally and offer our sincere apologies, the meaning of the service is very clear in our daily work. Reason why it is very important for us to find out more details regarding to your room number to make the changes and revisions accordinally. As previous , please accept our sincere apologies , Sincerely Yours. Pamela Vega & Sales Cordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Williamson, Georgia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am a Captain with American Airlines. I had a little problem with my room when I checked in. I went back to the front desk and they were most accommodating and the manager sent up a cheese and fruit platter. Very impressed ! They go out of their way to make you comfortable.
The gym is the BEST of all the destinations I fly all over the world - BEST !!! On par with a Gold's Gym !!!
I give this hotel TWO THUMBS UP !!!
Captain Pat

Room Tip: They are all good rooms !
2 Thank Patrick M
Corobici, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Mr Pat:

On behalf of all the hotel staff we will like to express our sincere gratitude for sharing with us your comments . Each day we work with passion to make a better perform than the day before. We are on our way to make the Hotel That Our Guests Love!!!!!

The Crowne Plaza Family will always be our pleasure to host , looking forward for your next visit.

Sincerely Yours :

New York
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is the 5th hotel I've stayed in this month (5 hotels in 3 countries) and the least expensive, so to tell you the truth, I wasn't expecting much. When I arrived however, I was a very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were big and well appointed and the staff was friendly. I also was high enough that I got a lovely view of San Jose every time I came out of my room.

I enjoyed the food but I'm Hispanic so having 'Gallo Pinto' (rice and beans) for breakfast was awesome for me. ;) One of my coworkers ordered a Pizza Margherita for lunch and the result wasn't very good (even I could tell and I'm not very picky.) So just be aware that the restaurant may not be as good with items off the menu - I ate from the buffet and liked it very much, but I think it depends on what kind of eater you are.

There's a park nearby where I saw lots of people running but I wasn't able to go (hopefully next time.) We were just too busy - btw, we had an awesome driver in San Jose. Any person interested, just send me a message and I can give you his contact info.

Definitely an hotel to consider either for business or pleasure.

1 Thank dg_abroad
Corobici, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest :

Thank you so much for the time spent in sharing with us your comments we will forward to all the staff so we all the opportunity to share the god news.

Each day our goal is to have the opportunity to make our guests a memorable trip and that their experiences are unique .

It will be our pleasure to be able to host you in a near future , looking forward.

On behalf of the Crowne Plaza Corobicí Hotel , we want to become the Hotel that our Guests Love. !!!!

Sincerely yours:

Sales & Marketing Manager
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed August 27, 2013

For price, location, service and amenities this is our Hotel of choice when staying for business in San Jose, Costa Rica. Our upgraded rooms [Priority Club] are large and the beds very comfortable. An added benefit is the use of the 6th floor executive lounge for work, snacks or happy hour activities. On site there is a large restaurant with buffet or a la carte menus for breakfast lunch or supper. Breakfast can also be taken in the 6th floor executive lounge and the breakfast buffet is one of the best we have experienced.... anywhere.. There is also a Tepanyaki restaurant on site with excellent Japanese meals. The pool is large and located beside the fitness centre.
The Hotel [formally the Coribici] is clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The air conditioning is quiet.
Prices are reasonable for the business traveller who appreciates comfort and quality.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Upper floors if possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Corobici, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your time for sharing with us your comments we do appreciate it very much. Each day is an opportunity for us to become the Hotel That our Guests Love.

It is our pleasure to express the great satisfaction that we feel knowing that our hotel is the place for you ,

This is your home at any time , we will be looking forward to host you.

Sincerely Yours.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel has all the confort that you need while away from home.. The beds are confortable, clean.. The room are very clean and roomy.. Restaurant prices are cheaper than any other city restaurant. Front office staff is very pleasant and helpful.. I liked the architectural design of this hotel.. I would repeat. Lots of conference rooms which are very confortable and equipped.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Corobici, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest :

On behalf of all the Hotel Crowne Plaza Corobicí Hotel we appreciate very much the time spent and your kind feed back .

It will be a pleasure to host you again in a near future .

Sincerely Yours:

Washington, dc
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Sure, I dont choose hotels for its nice teak wood foundation, but this one is a block of ciment with windows carved in the bunker. But the cold feeling quickly fades when you arrive at the first pool, where you can also have a drink or dinner, right by the water surrounded by soft jazzy tunes.
The room is clean, neat and well presented, but has no life. Great amenities for Costa Rica.
The best part of the hotel must be the huge two-level gym that offers classes and a lap pool with lessons. Nice large jacuzzi.
Being downtown in the north part of La Sabana park and right across the street from the supermarket makes it an ideal location. Its spacious seating area scattered through the hotel is also perfect for large groups.
Personally, I like small cozy and personalized low-key service type hotels, hence the average review.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Corobici, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest :

On behalf of the Staff of the Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobicí , we do appreciate your time and sharing with us your comments.
It is always very helpful to find out what is our guest appreciation to make the adjustments and changes if needed so for a better and confortable visit.

Your description is very clear and understood , it will be our pleasure to host you in a near future

Sincerely Yours

Richmond, TX
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Crown Plaza has many of the comforts one desires when traveling. Comfortable bed, nice bathroom, spacious room. The breakfast and dinner at the restaurant is incredible. Compared to the local restaurants this is the best for the money. I have stayed here several times over the past decade and have never been disappointed with the accomodations, food and/or staff.

Room Tip: Do not forget to use your IHG rewards card, to rack up points.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Corobici, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Guest .

Thank you very much for your kind attention in sharing with us your comments. We feel very honored for all points that you have remarked. Our Brand phylosophy is to become the Hotel that our guests love and we are making our best performance each and every day to grow step further each day.

Once again thank you very much. We will be looking forward to your next visit.

Sincerely Yours,

Hotel Presidente
#5 of 77 in San Jose
Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici? Share your experiences!