“Another member of the South African group.”
Review of MCO Day Tours

MCO Day Tours
Ranked #59 of 94 Tours in San Jose
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I were part of Orlando’s first South African group and I agree with everything Jenny scribed - Orlando was absolutely fantastic, he has a friendly disposition and a wicked sense of humour – no “gefuffeling” in the back seat of his coach! He kept us entertained during our entire trip with antidotes, information and we had many laughs. My husband and I travelled to Mexico, Costa Rica, and a Star Clipper cruise thru the Panama Canal to Cuba, and the highlight of my trip was Costa Rica, predominantly because Orlando made his country, of which he is so proud, come alive. He was open and honest about the pros and cons of Costa Rica’s political and economic situation; is passionate about his beloved rain forests; has an amazing knowledge of fauna and flora and due to his vigilance we had rare sightings - everything from white faced and howler monkeys, a sloth, indigenous birds and plants to leaf ants and more. He was diligent about our comfort, choosing the best hotels, restaurant and sites to visit; took cognisance of our fitness levels and granted all reasonable requests. If you want to tour around Costa Rica, Orlando is your man – he certainly was ours.

There are newer reviews for MCO Day Tours

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Looking through my 2000 plus photos as I am loading them to Facebook, I am reminded of just how well Orlando Vargus planned and executed our group's tour of Costa Rica last month. We were a group of 7 senior -ish pax, his first group from South Africa. When I see the territory we covered, the hotels we stayed in, the routes he chose and the experiences he built in for us specifically, its just breath -taking. Nothing was too much trouble: bird -watching at sunrise while the rest of our group slumbered, turning back after dropping us at our ship at Puerto Caldera to bring me my wallet which I'd stupidly left in the back of the van( I'm sure making him late for his next client way back in San Jose), exchanging zip -lining for hanging bridges tickets when we all chickened out, Orlando puts his guests first, with a smile. He exhibits a passion for his work and a can -do attitude that makes every day fun and exciting. The roads are not always great( one I have named Milkshake Drive, from Lake Arenal to Monteverde) but he drives that van in a way that makes you feel very safe. His knowledge of the birds and bird calls, the fauna and flora and the general history of Costa Rica is outstanding, and communicated in a wonderful manner. We had fun teaching him some Afrikaans words, and he was very interested in our country. We spent almost a week with him, and it was far too short. You cant go wrong by using Orlando to organize and execute your trip to beautiful Costa Rica, and I will go back and use him again without hesitation.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our group of 7 (4 older adults and 3 young adults 18-21) just returned from our trip and highly recommend Orlando Vargas and Hernan Sandia. Orlando planned our 12 day trip, incorporating our desired deestinations and activities. We had much interaction during the 10 months of planning to ensure it met our whole group's expectations within our budget. The trip went very smoothly - only a couple incidents of minor confusion and these were promptly and courteously resolved- and Hernan was the ultimate tour guide. He was very flexible as we sometimes adapted our plans on the fly, showed us places to eat and view that only a native would know, spotted wildlife we'd never have noticed and provided background and information on the country. We toured Tortuguero, Arenal/la Fortuna, Monte Verde/Santa Elena and Manual Antonio Beach. It was also very comforting to have Hernan meet us at the airport and bring us to our hotel after a long day traveling and return us to the airport upon departure. You cannot go wrong with Orlando and Hernan!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We just used Orlando for a transfer to Puerto Viejo. They were at the airport waiting for us, took us right to our rental property and were there waiting for the trip back.
I will use them for our next trip.
Two girls traveling alone need reliable help and reliable they were.
Look no further...

Reviewed March 29, 2012

We do not speak Spanish and when I looked into going to Costa Rica I decided it was best not to rent a car and drive alone. We wanted to see several places in the week we were there and put together our own tour with the help of Orlando Vargus. I contacted several tour groups and liked Orlando's prompt and courteous responses. He helped me put together our own itinerary and arranged our three hotels Arenal Kioro, El Establo and Si Como No and they were all wonderful. He also prearranged our tour with DeSavio canyoning , windsurfing at Lake Arenal, Ziplining at Selvatura park, hiking thru Manuel Antonio park and a boat trip to see dolphins. Ronald was our driver, tour guide and interpretor. He recommended restaurants for us and it was very helpful having someone communicate with the local people. We like to go places and eat places that are not necessarily listed on tripadvisor but we will list them now . He knows many people in the area so was always able to get information we needed. We sailed thru the trip with no stress and now have a close friend in Costa Rica. We can not wait to go back to check out Guanacaste.

1  Thank mfctennis