“Cool, funky great place!”
Review of Aqui Es

Aqui Es
Ranked #22 of 663 Restaurants in San Jose
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I could smell this place from a block away when I was coming back towards Avenida Paseo Colon. Oh, god, the lure of good Parilla....I could not resist and given that I had not had breakfast that day?

It was on Friday, the start of Semana Santa and the joint was packed - always a good sign. I looked at the specials board, always a good bet and I found what I wanted - lomito con salsa de mango y papas con romarin......NICE.

There was only a four-top available so I took a seat at the bar. I ordered a glass of Argentinian chardonnay and waited for my meal....the joint was hopping, the atmosphere, great....it reminded me of smallish bistros I have dined at in some of the greatest cities on this planet. Rustic decor, comfy, no loud music and a well-oiled machine of a staff.

My plate, when it arrived....man, a trucker-sized hunk of boneless pork cooked to perfection....I was happy.

For what I got, the price was not out of whack. I went back there later to hear some great Tango music.....nice.

There are newer reviews for Aqui Es

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place was introduced to me by by cousin, one day in town and when she worked a block away, we had lunch here. Now it is our traditional lunch place when i am in town with my wife. Love the pastas, and the specials. The ginger drinks are also good. Great decoratios, and good stories from the staff. Enjoy lunc or a dinner with live music.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We love this little lunch spot close to Sabana Park for its little piece of Argentina with the most warm and friendly owner, Matias who makes you feel like you're part of the family. We usually come here for a late lunch a few times a month (the place is packed to the brim during the weekday lunch hour)

The meals are reasonably priced and they always have specials on the board. Lots of meat options but I prefer the: homemade pasta, tasty thin crust pizzas and especially enjoy the tomato and basil empandadas with traditional chimichurri sauce. You can also buy the chimichurri sauce to bring home.

Things get lively on Friday nights when they feature live music. A fun time to get together and bring some friends or family and come hear the live music. I suggest making a reservation to reserve a good seat. The bossanova or tango music is especially good.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I came to Costa Rica to visit my girlfriend for her birthday. We spent the day walking through many of the parks throughout San Jose and came to a park very close to where one of her roommates works. As we sat under a tree in this park, she translated the name of the restaurant for me and we laughed ("here it is!"), we decided to try it out, and we weren't disappointed.

The service was good as we had our drinks very quickly and placed our order. They allowed us to adjust our pizza order so that the pizza was split into two different kinds which was the perfect amount for a mid-afternoon meal for each of us.

We thoroughly enjoyed the pizza covered in the delicious and spicy pepper sauce that they brought over with it. My girlfriend and I both greatly enjoyed her mid-afternoon birthday meal and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This restaurant has a great atmosphere and very friendly staff. The pizza here was the best I've found in Costa Rica....delicious....and only made better followed by the brownie.

1  Thank Ellen C