Isla Verde Hotel
$154
$75
Hotel Grano de Oro San Jose(San Jose)
$160
$94
$90
$85
$113
$106
$88
$135
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
$105
$77
$62
$60
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsusa embassyserves chinese foodindoor gardencosta ricadeluxe roomsmin driveworkout roomwould stay againhotel is cleannice staytop floorplantainsnational stadiuminternational airportwithin walking distancetwo blockswonderful hotel
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed here for one night during a trip for my work as travel agent.
Me and my colleagues were assigned to different hotels to check out what we could offer to our clients. This hotel was a very nice surprise!
They recently finished building their deluxe rooms and they are absolutely beautiful and comfortable. We had a quick tour trough the hotel and very much liked it.
For the price I would recommend a deluxe room. It has a beautiful bathroom, comfortable beds, flat screen tv, AC, coffee maker..just everything you need.
The location is also perfect, not in the center but close enough, also to the Airport.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to my clients.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
lucia S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Isla Verde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Nadieh,

On behalf of Isla Verde Hotel and Restaurant, we want to thank you for taking the time in posting your comments on Trip Advisor!

It satisfies us to know that you and your colleagues enjoyed your stay with us!

We appreciate you recommending us to your clients and look forward to have you again when in San José!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife, 5 year old daughter and I stayed at Isla Verde for just one night prior to flying out of the San Jose International Airport. We booked it on a whim, and were very pleasantly surprised by this hotel!

The hotel itself is quite lovely, with the open atrium, clean simple lines and colors, and amenities (like an attached Asian restaurant! Yum!) and workout room. We stayed in a Superior room in the new wing of the hotel. So modern. So hip. So comfortable! The beds were some sort of amazing Simmons mattress--sort of like a Tempurpedic, but better!! And the bathroom was awesome with the rainshower shower head and beautiful simple design.

The free breakfast in the morning was simple, but tasty. The coffee however was not so great. :(

So, overall: Thumbs up for comfortable, stylish accommodation for a great value! Not a great fit if you need/want something to "do" while relaxing at the hotel. There's the workout room, but with no pool or hot tub, that might be a drawback for a longer stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Peter M,

It satisfies us to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us!

We´re sorry you didn´t like our coffee! We use a very well known pure coffee brand called "1820", so perhaps was sitting for a while when you had it during breakfast -we will be very careful with this-. However, we hope you´ve enjoyed the complimentary gourmet "Britt" coffee in your room.

Thanks again for choosing our Hotel and we look forward to have you again when in San José!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I had an appointment at the US embassy which is literally an 8 minute walk from the hotel. Rooms were clean and staff was very helpful and friendly. There is some English speaking staff but most are Spanish only speakers. Expected as it is in a Spanish speaking country. 1 interesting thing is that the AC is activated by putting your room key in a slot inside the room. Keeps people from wasting electricity by leaving the AC on while they are out of the room. Included breakfast was good, not amazing. I would definitely stay here again if in San Jose. Only negative was we had a room facing the street. Don't care about the view but noise from passing traffic will make me request a different room location next time I stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing the street. Noise from passing traffic can be disturbing.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear ASWENS180,

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor!

As part of our sustainability program, all our new rooms (Deluxe rooms) on our new building are energy and water saver. All the electric system works with guests room key, all toilets use rain water on raining season, all lights are LED lighting, and all windows are Pella double window insulated glass windows, which helps minimize the noise of the rooms facing the street.

I believe you stayed on our Standard rooms -based on the description you made-, which are in our "old" building. The traffic on the main street has increased considerably, so we will soon replace the windows of all Standard rooms to Pella double window insulated glass Windows, and reduce the noise from the street.

We truly appreciate your comments, as it is of great importance for us to help improve our business and quality of service.

We hope to have you again when in San José!

Customer Service Relations

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed by myself for two weeks during cosmetic surgery. Location was perfect for me; less than a block from doctor's office, and withing walking distance of grocery store, some shopping, and eateries. Staff was so helpful, arranging all taxis for me and answering questions about where to find specific items I wanted to purchase. I stayed in a "deluxe" single room, which was very clean, comfortable, and comparable to a Best Western Hotel. Wireless service was flawless; I used my laptop for hours in my room. I plan to stay there again on my next trip to Costa Rica!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Work_PlayLive2Luv,

It was a pleasure to have you and we all enjoyed the chocolates you gave us!

Thanks for choosing us, and we look forward to have you next time when in San José!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

a fantastic experience, owners were awesome and always helpful. it was very convenient for getting a cab or bus for travel into the city or surrounding areas. the breakfast and coffee were good and the entire facility and rooms were super clean. thanks again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Judith J,

On behalf of Isla Verde Hotel and Restaurant, I want to thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor!

We are pleased to know you´ve enjoyed your stay with us, as it encourages us to become better every day.

We look forward to have you again when in San José!