“Good ambience, good presentation of food, but a bit pricey”
Review of Inka Grill Lindora - CLOSED

Inka Grill Lindora
Cuisines: Peruvian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The variety, the lusciousness and the distinctive blend of flavors of Peruvian food served in an elegant way has created the perfect fusion.Fresh ingredients combined with the best quality of Peruvian products produces an intense taste and aroma, which is also very healthy. For all these reasons, our culinary art is recognized worldwide.
Reviewed January 11, 2017

We dined at this restaurant in December of 2016. Overall it was a good experience -- the place is a little out of the way (at the time adjacent to an empty lot), but inside it is very nice and clean. The food looks very good -- we had the ceviche which has a nice presentation (see photo), and it tastes good. Our entrees (a steak dish and a seafood dish) looked nice too, but they probably looked nicer than they tasted (but they did not taste bad!).

It the restaurant was in the U.S., I would say it is a little "Americanized", but it being a Peruvian restaurant in Costa Rica, I don't know what to say. What I mean is that it is probably not quite authentic Peruvian cuisine but a "fusion" version of South and Central American flavors. Again, I am not saying that is necessarily a bad thing, some people may in fact like it.

It is not cheap though; in fact, it is quite expensive, comparable to a high end restaurant in the U.S.

Reviewed November 25, 2016

We went here with several friends on Thanksgiving Day (of course, just a regular day in Costa Rica). Contrary to several of the other reviews here, our experience was excellent. Yes, it's pricey, but for the quality, service and ambiance, it's worth it for a special occasion.
The menu is quite extensive, the food quality is very good, and the wine list fairly priced for Costa Rica. Seafood is probably the wiser choice, although one in our party had the Chateaubriand and said it was very good. My choice was the thin sliced raw sea bass with lemon and yellow pepper sauce appetizer and the Quinoa crusted grilled tuna with mushroom risotto. Portions were sizeable and the presentations were beautiful.
One nice touch was that, unlike many restaurants in Costa Rica, all the entrees were delivered to the table at the same time.
Unless your Spanish is excellent, ask for the English Menu, as the descriptions of the food are quite detailed.
Our only complaint was that the bartender was quite slow with cocktails, but they were very good once received. We had no problems with the checks. The waiter thoughtfully asked at the beginning how we wished the checks split and they were brought individually at the end with no problem.
There are several other locations of this restaurant in Costa Rica, and I believe one in Miami, Florida. There are other Inka Grill's in California, but they are not the same chain.

Reviewed July 18, 2016

I found this place to be quite nice and the food to be great. I was concerned beforehand because I had read the reviews here, but I decided to take a chance.

We arrived for lunch at about 12 pm and the place was mostly empty, which really threw me off. Determined to find out what it was all about, I went in.

I'm glad I did because I was very pleasantly surprised. The quality of the food was great, their pisco sours were delicious, and service was prompt and attentive.

Two of us ate for around $73, after a 10% discount for paying in cash. I agree, it is pricey for Costa Rica, but I would gladly pay it if we were back in the US and we got served the same thing.

The grilled octopus and the causa were my favorites.

Reviewed March 22, 2016 via mobile

After a delicious dinner of the Peruvian sea bass, my husband and I were overcharged $12 at this restaurant. We caught it after we paid. The cashier was not surprised, and refunded our money from his own wallet! It appeared to us that the staff was overcharging and keeping the difference between the bill and the actual charge. Unfortunately, I have been overcharged many times in Costa Rica. Locals tell me that Americans are often overcharged, so always review your check carefully.

2  Thank letsgo591
Reviewed October 7, 2015

Very expensive, very slow, screwed up both orders. Portions were tiny; admittedly, once they got the orders right, the food was good

1  Thank Mary Z