“Cloudy but no rain”

91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Cloudy but no rain”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The day tour to the Volcano, Doka Coffee Plantation, Sarchi and Grecia was a long day but worth it.

First we went to the Volcano. Had time to walk to the volcano and time to explore the lagoon. If you are walking to the lagoon it is about a 15 - 20 minute walk with an incline. Wear comfortable shoes because it can get slippery.
The tour guide Donald explained everything.
On the way from the volcano we stopped at a stand to eat some strawberries.
The coffee stop was very interesting. Got to sample some chocolate covered coffee beans.
Lunch was a buffet. The desert of coconut fudge tasted burnt.
Grecia was a quick stop to see the church.
In Sarchi we stopped at the place where the oxcart are made. We also stopped at the world's largest oxcart.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank karol452

• Hebrew first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Good way to see the sights”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I took two excursion with this company. The first trip was the 3 in 1 tour Rain Forest Adventure. The tour started off a bit weird. The advertisement for the tour specifically states that breakfast is not included but on our way to the river our tour guides stopped at a place to eat. The only people that ate on this stop were the two guides! It makes me think that they were hungry so we stopped. The rest of us stood around and waited for them to eat!

The boat ride along the river was nice. We saw holler monkeys, iguanas, bats, birds and a crocodile. The boat had a roof so it kept the hot sun off of us. Then after the boat ride they had fresh pineapple and coffee for refreshments. The pineapple was so good!

Then we headed to the rain forest. I was surprised to see that the trail was actually part of a resort. I'm not sure if this is how all the trails are setup in the rain forest but I was picturing a trail head with parking and that was it. We ate at the restaurant that was part of the resort. The food was good.

Then we headed to the airtran that went over the forest. This was a nice perspective. I'm afraid of heights but this did not bother me in the least.

The bus on this tour was horrible. We literally did not go any faster than 45mph the entire time. Cars/buses were passing us at a much faster rate. We would have made it back to the city much faster if we went faster than 45mph!

My second excursion was the San Jose city tour. This was a nice tour. We rode the bus and we walked around the city. The guide was informative and showed us what there was to see! I did not like that the last stop of the tour was to a diamond shop. This was not in the tour description and I did not care for it. Who wants to be bothered by a salesman when you are sightseeing?

Overall the excursions were fine. They would have been a lot better if the bus was nicer and if they stuck to the itinerary that is listed.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Indy4181
1,538 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 557 helpful votes
“Brokendown Bus”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I booked the hotsprings Arnal volcano tour thro the tour counter at the crowne Pkaza Coribici.I was to be picked up at 8am.The guide didnot come in time so the hotel conciege was very helpful they called a few times.The guy at the tour office was not bothered and told me they will come as I have already paid him.The comes half an hour late and and behaves as it was my fault. even though its printed pick up time was 8am.Then they stop on the highway fir about 10mts.Then they go to Holiday inn express and pick up sone pax.Then he speaks in Spanish and English.Halfway the Bus breaks down and we had to wait for an hour for another bus from the city.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank SE s
San Diego, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Combo tour - Informative and fun”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I know what you're thinking - $100 for a tour...is it worth it? The answer is yes, especially when you keep in mind that the entrance fees to Poas, Doka, and La Paz are about $75 on their own, plus you get breakfast, lunch, and transportation on top of it. I'm actually surprised the tour company can even make any money at all!

My tip if you do this tour is to have your pick up and drop off from Alajuela if at all possible. Those of us who did that were picked up last and dropped off first. The pick up/drop off is the most tedious portion of any tour and if you can keep it to a bare minimum, it makes things much nicer.

Our guide Freddy was really informative and was able to answer all of our questions. (With the tiny exception being that he said nothing could live in the extinct crater lake of Poas because it was too cold when the signage in the area clearly said it was because it was an acid rain lake.) My only minor complaint was that Freddy maybe talked *too* much, especially in the morning when I hadn't had coffee yet and was only half-awake. :) The driver, Roy, was good as well.

There were a LOT of people on our tour, 23 or so if I remember correctly. Normally that is way too many, in my opinion, but the structure of this tour is such that people kind of go at their own pace so it wasn't an issue at all. In fact, props to our guide for ensuring that all those people kept to our time frame and we were never delayed by people taking too long or losing track of time.

One last thing to note, our guide did a GREAT job of giving the tour in both English and Spanish. He basically said everything twice, no scrimping on the translations at all.

Highly recommended tour. Worth the money!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Shannon K
Puerto Rico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Zipline Tour”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went to Costa Rica and the only tour we bought apart of the others that was not included was the zipline and the rapids in San Luis. It was a wonderful experience for my husband and the kids. We are 4 in the family and two other persons that we met. The other person and I stay waiting for the zipliners and the guide, Eugenio, was a wonderful companion to my friend and me, he never let us alone and was always pending on our safety.

Tour Guides we had on our tours:
Filander - he needs to talk only important things of the tours, talks too much on a three hours tour
and this make the passengers feel agobiated
Max - has a very good knowledge on what he knows but needs to talk less about his family matters
Eugenio - as I expressed before was so concious, friendly and a very humble person, we gave him 10 stars for his service. We will nominte him as Employee of the year!!

There were others that the only important thing they said was about the tip for them

In general, this is a very good company, they will only need to make some improvements and give some more training to some of their staff.

Visited June 2013