“The Best Rush Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tropical Bungee

Tropical Bungee
Ranked #46 of 117 things to do in San Jose
More attraction details
Owner description: Bungee jump into the tropical forest of Costa Rica for one of the most amazing experiences of your life. Regardless of whether this is your 50th jump or your first, bungee jumping in Costa Rica is an experience not to be missed.Add some adrenaline to your San Jose trip and go bungee jumping in the tropics. Leave behind the hustle and bustle of San Jose and travel to the beautiful Colorado River in Naranjo for an unforgettable experience. The metal bridge that traverses the Colorado River is 80 meters above the ravine, and gives a spectacular view of the lush Costa Rican vegetation surrounding the jump point.Our professional guides will share their jump experiences with you and help any new jumpers to feel at ease as you prepare for one of the greatest thrills of your life. We do not an have age limit, the youngest jumper we have had was 4 years old, and the most seasoned that jumped was 80. Can you break the record?The tensest moment will be as you prepare yourself to jump, but once you let yourself go and feel the rush of falling through the sky you'll be well on your way to enjoying one of the most exciting, adrenaline-filled times of your life.Tropical Bungee offers bungee jumping since 1991. We are located in the Old Colorado River Bridge, it is 265 feet high, making it one of the highest bungee bridges in America.Tropical Bungee offers jumps every day with round trip transportation from San Jose. Our departures are at 8 a.m. and 1 p.m.Tropical Bungee only uses imported equipment and we operate under the strictest safety norms. We are “the” Bungee Jumping pioneers in Latin America with a great trajectory in this sport as well as in other adventure sports.Tropical Bungee is NABA certified to manufacture bungee cords.AND WE ARE PART OF THE TOP TEN BUNGEE JUMPS IN WORLD
Denver, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The Best Rush Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

My friend and I jumped here the day before we left Costa Rica. I was in complete panick mode as soon as we pulled up to the office. Once we were on the bridge the guys were able to get my mind off the situation with their humor. Both guys were fun to interact with - even their bungee jokes were making me at ease. This was only my second jump and I found this one to be easier. The scenery is amazing and, as someone else posted earlier after you're done you'll want to go again. I can't stop watching the free video they give you.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank colo_mtn_surfer

Norman OK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I had a great time. Jumping was such a thrill! The guides do a great job of making it a fun experience. They even have the group count down. You don't have time to freak out.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Sooners12
San José
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“You get the jump, you get the rush, you want to go again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

If you like adrenalin, you will love tropical bungee. It's not far from San José and the price is very good. I got there for my birthday, just a bunch of guys with an elastic rope in the middle of a bridge to nowhere. I got in the line, and couldn't stop smoking because of the excitement (which was a little bit more like panic). You wait on one of the sides of the bridge and see the people falling to the void, screaming their guts out every time. Then I was up. I got on the ledge and let go with a strong jump (it's a circa 240 feet jump). It was a long fall. I thought I would hit a rock, or the river bottom, and then the elastic rope gracefully takes you high up again. They tape a video and give it tou you in a mini dvd.

It was wonderful

Visited June 2011
3 Thank macbatmanuel
New York City, New York
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Fun even during the rain...some say even more so!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

These guys are indeed really cool and their English is great. They told me that they guarantee safety 200% and that I only need to be concerened about enjoying it. from my observation, they have a back-up cord, strapped to your waist, so in the unlikely case of breaking, you have another something to hang on. Also, the distance between fully extended bungee and the bottom of the valley is plenty, so you definitely not gonna plunge on your head. That was my first time and I would absolutely do it again and I had been scared out of my mind going in...I was the only person jumping that day too. Another cool thing, they make a video of the whole process and burn it for you on DVD right there, but also they give you an option to hold a special video cam while you are jumping. I took it but I messed it up because I accidentally turned it off. I hope you can do it better, that would have been a great footage. Enjoy!

Visited October 2011
4 Thank OJNY74
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Pura Vida Adrenaline”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

If u are looking for adrenaline bungee jumping will definitely give u that rush. All the workers were wonderful, very friendly and easy going. I felt very comfortable and safe. Would definitely do it again when I go back to CR. They picked us up at San jose and the took us to the airport after. Close to Alajuela so the travel time was not bad. Cost was reasonable I didn't get a tshirt which was fine but I was so surprised they included the video in the price. ALL tours I did not one included video or pics in the price. The view is amazing jumping off a bridge in the middle of the tropical forest and a river underneath. Was worth it and would recommend.

4 Thank silly_ili