“Welcome home, welcome to San Jose!”
Review of Casa Abierta B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Jose
Casa Abierta B&B
Ranked #9 of 68 San Jose B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Located between the liveliness of The University of Costa Rica campus and peaceful Barrio Escalante is a place that breaths joy: Casa Abierta. With his genuine attentiveness and knowledge, host Darryle Stafford not only makes your stay an unforgettable one, but with his local team he provides unique opportunities to get the most of your trip while in the Central Valley of beautiful Costa Rica.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Marlon S

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Darrylle is a great host and has most charming BnB !
The only place to stay in all of Costa Rica.
Plan on several weeks if available.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank 777vince
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We felt very fortunate to find Casa Abierta and Darrylle's hospitality far exceeded all expectations. His condo is artistic and immaculate and Darrylle served us wonderful breakfasts and even made dinner for us (although I don't want to promise that for every guest). My husband and I accidentally put our credit card in the wrong slot at an ATM near his place, and Darrylle worked with others to retrieve it and hold it for us until we were able to pick it up. I can't recommend Casa Abierta more highly. Simply the best!! Ann

Room Tip: There are two rooms that share a bath. They are both excellent.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lovehiking77
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We had a great stay with Darryl at Casa Abierta. His home provides a wonderful and welcoming sense of calm and we felt immediately at home. Darryl picked us up at the airport and we got a quick tour of the city driving to the location. It is well located and we could walk in 15 minutes to the centre of town. We had such a good time talking with Darryl about the city and his perspectives on the best things to do and he had such good reccomendations for restaurants etc. We had a lovely breakfast, great sleep in a comfortable bed and the internet worked instantly and quickly when we needed it. we would stay here again in a heartbeat. Thanks so much Darryl!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jaunty66
Reviewed January 11, 2012

This was my first trip to Costa Rica. One of the reasons I wanted to stay at Casa Abierta was to get some local knowhow to ease my transition into vacationing in Costa Rica. Casa Abierta is conveniently located in a safe neighborhood and is easily reachable via taxi and buses. The spacious house is nicely decorated with tropical flowers and has a small garden and fountain just perfect for relaxing. The rooms are large and the beds very comfortable. Darrylle is a great cook and serves baked pies, seasonal tropical fruits and coffee for breakfast. He has been living in Costa Rica for 17 years and can assist you with almost any of your local needs. He helped me plan my itinerary and even booked hotels and tours. It was a pleasure to stay at Casa Abierta.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank SanjayX
Reviewed January 4, 2012

It was very nice location since you can walk to downtown and nice neighborhood area!
The owner was an amazing person. I could easily stay a week to hear his stories and finding out what his projects over there! It was trasure to meet him :) Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank SpringMM
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Words cannot describe the level of care and hospitality Darrylle gives his guest. I was originally suppose to fly into Liberia, due to plane issues I had a last minute detour to San Jose and I need a place to stay for one night. I contacted D, really late the night before I was due to arrive. I told him my sob story and asked if he had room. Luckily he did, it was the best night ever. He picked me up from the airport and made me broccoli soup on the cold and rainy day I arrived. It was just so perfect. Later that evening he made me and the other guest, beans and rice with spicy chicken mole followed by a night of great conversation. If you want feel like being around friends and family I say stay with Darrylle. He is more than a host. I would recommend him as the only place to stay in San Jose.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo