“Great Dinner!”

La Terrasse French Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 712 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The restaurant La Terrasse French Cuisine is a concept of table d'hôtes of 12 covers. A private and personalized restaurant that offers you a unique experience to share with generosity the French gastronomy. An elegant place, chic ventage and romantic. The conviviality in the restaurant La Terrasse constitutes a tradition. The chef Patricia Richer receives you in a house of 1925 from Tuesday to Saturday with reservation and will have the pleasure to share with her clients a creative and contemporary French cuisine realized around organic products and the season.
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My wife and I had 1 night in San Jose and I wanted to take her out to a really nice restaurant
before we moved on so I went to Arte & Gusto Cafe based on the reviews here. We were not disappointed! We were WAY early for dinner but the owner and his wife served us anyway. We both had the beef stew, his recommendation, and it was delicious! We had great food, wine, and great dessert. The owner sat ad talked with us bout his adventures in Costa Rica (he is from France) and we had a really good experience. Thanks for the wonderful night! I would recommend Arte & Gusto with no problem.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Whenever I am in San José, I make time to eat at Arte Y Gusto Café. In the seven years I have been in Costa Rica,
it is the only restaurant of the capital where I always find the food not only fresh but healthy and deliciously cooked. I can eat with my eyes closed, so as to better taste the delicious meals, that are truly a taste of France. The ambiance is tasteful, the music relaxing and the executive meal on week days is the best value in all downtown San José.
I particularly like the mixed salad that are often an entrée on the three course formula, not only for the artful presentation but for the combination of greens and sometimes fruits, surprising and exquisite. All the sauces are homemade at the true French style, the gratin dauphinois or the tomato crumble are perfect, and as for the desserts, they are simply divine. Don't miss the chocolate fondant !

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Some other travel site gave us the wrong address and we'd given up finding this place. Until we stumbled upon it accidentally on our last night! (Addresses in San Jose are impossible to find) Great food, lively conversation in French with the hilarious waiter, and much jollity watching the transsexual prostitutes on the corner from our window seat. Ha! Highly recommended. Ask a cab driver to take you there.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

The place is very nice
The French patron very sympathique
The food is good but not exceptional and the price is high
Atmosphere very nice

2  Thank diporzio
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I often go to Arte y Gusto when I am in San Jose, and I find the lunches there delicious, well proportioned, and very affordable (3500 colones for a three dish meal). The salads are the freshest I have had in Costa Rica, and the coffee flan was delicious and original. Finally, Gerald (a real character) is a great host, and always very friendly. I recommend the place highly.

1  Thank Francois1532