1,184 results
All reviews grand tour costa rica premium suite nice hotel breakfast buffet corner room coffee maker city hotel comfortable beds tour group mini bar paseo colon two blocks yogurt one night stay pollo randall
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Everything about the Tryp Sabana Hotel by Wyndham is unique and exceptional!

The rooms are extremely modern in style and clean with panoramic views from most rooms.
The property is centrally located, close to rental car agencies, the Sabana Park and much more!

The entire hotel staff, from the Reservations Personnel to the Porters, Security Staff, Front Desk Personnel, Floor Maids and Restaurant staff are to be highly commended for their exceptional customer service skills!

The Hotel has become my 'home away from home' thanks mostly in part to the hotel staff that makes every guest feel welcomed and like family.

The Restaurant in the Hotel has a unique menu with a beautiful presentation, good portions and an outstanding staff that makes ones' dining experience special.

Highly recommend both the Hotel and the Restaurant!

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
eoreamuno, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Vladimir,

Thanks for taking the time and writing such a beautiful review...I already printed for the entire staff to read it..they will be very proud...
thanks,

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I knew the hotel before and had only positive experiences. This time, maybe because I was travelling alone, they assigned me room 620. This is a room that is about 12 meters long and 2,50 meters wide, except the small niche where the queen size bed is located. There is no view at all, the neighbour building is only a few meters away. The room is located directly next to the service rooms. these rooms seem to have a metal stage causing weired lound sounds until 11pm, starting 5am.
The bathroom is hughe, the room is nicely equipped (just as all rooms in this hotel), the breakfast is great and the staff very kind and helpfull. Just beware of room 620 and maybe all x20 rooms on the other floors.

Room tip: Beware of 620.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Hello...yes 620 is a small room compared to our average rooms..a lot of people like it due to it´s shape...if you please send me your full name i can put the alert never to assign you 620 again...thanks!!!!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We where in the hotel for a week for meetings and overall it was a good base. Seemed good location and rooms where large with a comfortable bed! On my first night I closed curtains and a bat fell out and was trapped in swooping me in my room. This was humorous experience and the video went well on Facebook but not what you look for in a hotel. The restaurant needs some work staff very slow and not really responsive. We waited almost an hour for a salad on our first day.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Newnhamp

Hola! thanks for your review..can you tell us what room number where you? that shouldn´t happen at all...wow! I will have a meeting with housekeeping and show them your review...I´m sorry....thanks for letting us know.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend following a homestay/Spanish lessons holiday. The room was huge and spotlessly clean, the buffet breakfast was excellent and the location was ideal for walking along the Avenida Central into the heart of San Jose. There are also several restaurants close to the hotel. The staff was friendly, and we did not experience any problems with noise as other travelers commented on. We would stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Good afternoon from rainy Costa Rica! thanks for your review! I´m very happy you liked our hotel...

see you!!!

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel our last night in San Jose after a long drive from Tamarindo. It was a welcome stop as it was the most modern hotel we stayed at during our stay. We got the family suite and it was humungous!! There we'd two queen beds plus twin bunk beds! It was so cute- there were games like Scrabble and Jenga in the room for our kids to play with. How clever! We had a wonderful dinner and everything was wonderfully seasoned. The servers were so nice and offered to make something for my picky-eating daughter that was not on the menu. My only complaint is it was a Friday night and there was extremely loud noise til the wee hours of the morning but I'm sure this is out of the hotel's control. This hotel offers free local and international calls- something I never heard of but was really pleased about. Thank you, Tryp Hotel, for making our last night's stay in Costa Rica so enjoyable! Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Lisa R

Hello! thank you very much for your nice review..i already printed it and will pass it along the entire staff...they will love to read it! thanks.