1,162 results
All reviewsgrand tourpremium suitecosta ricanice hotelbreakfast buffetcorner roomcomfortable bedscoffee makerhotel restauranttour groupmini bartwo blockspaseo colonenjoyed my stayyogurtstayed here for one nightairport
Reviewed May 31, 2013

That's what it said on the key card holder..but I think we saw a classy one in the elevator with a shoeless man.We stayed here the first and last night of our Overseas Adventure Travel group trip,so the hotel was chosen for us.It seemed fine to me as our first impression of San Jose. Quick trip from airport,nice lobby and easy check in.It is on a traffic-y street,but we ARE in a city.There was disco noise on Saturday night and I swear someone was dismantling a chain link fence all night out back.Modern bathroom.I thought my room was spacious until I saw my sister's suite.Buffet breakfast was the first of many during our trip and actually it was probably the best.It is nice to have free and hassle free international phone calls.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
eoreamuno, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Greetings..unfortunately in my country prostitution is legal, so we have never ending battle with tourists that visit our country looking for that...thanks for your nice and honest review...
Esteban

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Recently I spent two nights at Tryp Sabana Hotel when I came to Costa Rica with Overseas Adventure Travel. Due to broken foot I had to come back to USA but I experience an exceptional staff service at the front desk, room and house keeping. In addition Tryp Sabana's staff, particularly Daniela including restaurant staff made my trip comfortable in every respect. In all my 43 years travels in Europe, India, Canada and South America, I have never come across a hotel which provide free international phone calls from the hotel. Now don't misuse this service. Breakfast was great and that is the nly meal I had. I would highly recommend the Tryp Sabana.

In spite for my foot, it was one of my most memorable experience, and I look forward to coming back to Costa Rica again to see the country and experience people.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your review..I will make sure Daniela and the entire staff reads it. I hope your foot is ok now...we´ll be here for when you return! thanks.
Esteban

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My first night was horrible. Really dirty carpets that made the bottoms of my feet black. The traffic noise was horrible and I stay in a lot of cities. The buses ran constantly until at least 1230am and started really early. The windows rattled with every single one. The next day I tried to check out because I was exhausted. The front desk apologized and moved me to their quiet side and room 802 was larger, clean and really nice! Slept like a baby. We rented a meeting room for 25 and it was well appointed and coffee breaks and snacks were fine. The restaurant was fantastic and our server Heiner was attentive, offered suggestions and spoke great English. I would stay here again and most definitely eat here again!

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you can get a high floor and along the quiet side or take your sleeping aids and bring the ear plugs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your review..it would be a lot of help if you can tell me what room number you stayed the first night? I´m glad to hear you had a nice experience after all....thanks again. Esteban O.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff wasn't very friendly right off the bat. We weren't dressed in business wear so we may not have been treated as well. In fact, it looked like they were talking bad about us in Spanish, pointing and saying "tourists". The continental breakfast is not very good, the food was cold and tasted like it was pre made box food. Despite first impressions, we cracked a few jokes with them and they warmed up to us and gave us good service - However, we were sure to dress up the next day. The location is in walking distance to lots of fast food places and a walkable distance to downtown San Jose, which we liked. Overall, there was nothing impressive about this place except the fancy decor in the lounge and the decent location... we wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
eoreamuno, Manager at Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Esther,

Greetings from sunny San José! Our major type of guest are tourist approximately 60% of our entire guests, so our staff is very used to the tourists. I will have a talk with them and see what happened. We spend a lot of money in breakfast which is included in the rate and is not continental it includes 3 hot plates and 3 cold plus fruit, 2 types of breads and delicatessen..I´m sorry to hear it didn´t met your expectations. I will make sure F&B reads your review and improve. Thanks. Esteban

Reviewed May 7, 2013

It's a great hotel, right on Sabana and Paseo Colon so it's about 5 minutes max (without rush-hour traffic) to Escazu (mall, restaurants) once you're on the highway and close to pretty much everything. Breakfast is great, buffet style but really good and included in your stay. It's got a cool little bar/lounge area that it well done decor-wise. I have stayed there on at least a half dozen occasions and it's a great call, clean and very consistent. Close to Furca (one of the three best restaurants in San Jose) Under $100 and way better than the Crowne Plaza, which is old and kinda beat up, just across the street at about the same price. I like.

Room Tip: The best are the corner rooms, they are double size. Not sure how to get them but I've gotten lucky a few times.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hola! This is just a little thank you note for your nice review! Please contact me if you need anything from us for your next visit! Esteban