1,162 results
All reviewsgrand tourpremium suitecosta ricanice hotelbreakfast buffetcorner roomcomfortable bedscoffee makerhotel restauranttour groupmini bartwo blockspaseo colonenjoyed my stayyogurtstayed here for one nightairport
Reviewed April 15, 2013

A grey, anonymous hotel, could have been anywhere in the world. Room was spacious and had everything I needed, however on my return journey I had a room without a window which I did not like. Close to Sabana Park and near enough to walk into the city centre if you are a reasonable walker. It just needs brightening up!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
eoreamuno, Manager at Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear PandaUK,

Hola. Thanks for your review. I´m sorry to hear it didn´t met your expectations..The room you stayed it does has windows but they have sandblast since the view they have is of our neighbor roof, but unless I´m mistaked there´s natural light that comes in the room. Sincerely,
Esteban

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a comfortable hotel a little way out of the main downtown area of San Jose. We stayed two nights on arrival in Costa Rica and one night prior to leaving at the end of our holiday. Staff are friendly and accommodating. The rooms are comfortable although in one case very dark and in the other a large pillar seriously restricted free space in the room (obviously a structural feature!).

Breakfast was OK and the restaurant was adequate for an evening meal. A longer stay would get a bit tedious since there are no restaurants in close proximity so a taxi would be needed to eat out of the hotel (especially given the general warnings not to walk in San Jose at night!).

Not superb but not bad either.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights -- 1 night at the start of our tour and 1 night at the end.

The rooms are very North American with comfortable beds and modern bathrooms. It is nice that the toilet and shower are separate from the sink area. The first night we stayed in a room facing another building and it was very quiet. The second night we stayed in a room with a beautiful view of San Jose, but it was noisy.

-Breakfast was delicious (and free)!
-Free wifi throughout the hotel
-Walking distance to the market area
-Very close to the park
-Lots of mini-supermarkets and fast food chains near by

We ate in the restaurant and it was delicious! I had the sea bass and it was cooked perfectly on a bed of mashed potatoes and artichokes. Slightly pricey, but the food was excellent. Make sure to request bread and the garlic butter for the table, it was mouth-watering.

Highly recommend this hotel for a pretty central location and North American standards.

Room Tip: Choose between good views with street noise or quiet room with no view.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were on a tour, and this was the staging hotel. It's everything Americans expect in a hotel. A/C, TV, coffee in the room, big towels, hot water, etc. The staff is very helpful and the restaurant has excellent food. Because we were with a tour, I don't know the cost of anything, but it was all top notch.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We arrived on 3/2/13 and we had reservations on a regular standard room for 2 nights, but they did not have any regular rooms available the first night so they give us a suite the first night and we were told that we needed to check out the next day so we can get a regular room, but we had activities early in the morning to do go white water rafting at 6:00 AM, so we talked to the manager and she allowed us to keep the suite at no extra cost, so that was very nice!!

I got injured at the white water rafting activities and when we got back to the hotel I was seen by the hotel doctor at no charge, and they even offer to take me to the hospital in an ambulance.

The hotel staff were very helpfull as I was having trouble printing my travel insurance policy at the loby computer and the hotel staff did it for me at front desk.

We also had wfi in our rooms and international unlimited phone calls anywere in the world, so that was nice, I was able to communicate with my family in the States for free.

The breakfasts consisted of different kinds of cereals, eggs, sausage and of course gallo pinto, fruits and coffe.

It was walking distance to the center and a lot's of restaurants as well, definitley recomend it and great price!

Room Tip: we had a corner suite on the 6th floor, with a great view.