1,165 results
All reviews grand tour premium suite costa rica nice hotel breakfast buffet corner room comfortable beds coffee maker hotel restaurant tour group mini bar two blocks paseo colon enjoyed my stay yogurt stayed here for one night airport
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights -- 1 night at the start of our tour and 1 night at the end.

The rooms are very North American with comfortable beds and modern bathrooms. It is nice that the toilet and shower are separate from the sink area. The first night we stayed in a room facing another building and it was very quiet. The second night we stayed in a room with a beautiful view of San Jose, but it was noisy.

-Breakfast was delicious (and free)!
-Free wifi throughout the hotel
-Walking distance to the market area
-Very close to the park
-Lots of mini-supermarkets and fast food chains near by

We ate in the restaurant and it was delicious! I had the sea bass and it was cooked perfectly on a bed of mashed potatoes and artichokes. Slightly pricey, but the food was excellent. Make sure to request bread and the garlic butter for the table, it was mouth-watering.

Highly recommend this hotel for a pretty central location and North American standards.

Room Tip: Choose between good views with street noise or quiet room with no view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were on a tour, and this was the staging hotel. It's everything Americans expect in a hotel. A/C, TV, coffee in the room, big towels, hot water, etc. The staff is very helpful and the restaurant has excellent food. Because we were with a tour, I don't know the cost of anything, but it was all top notch.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We arrived on 3/2/13 and we had reservations on a regular standard room for 2 nights, but they did not have any regular rooms available the first night so they give us a suite the first night and we were told that we needed to check out the next day so we can get a regular room, but we had activities early in the morning to do go white water rafting at 6:00 AM, so we talked to the manager and she allowed us to keep the suite at no extra cost, so that was very nice!!

I got injured at the white water rafting activities and when we got back to the hotel I was seen by the hotel doctor at no charge, and they even offer to take me to the hospital in an ambulance.

The hotel staff were very helpfull as I was having trouble printing my travel insurance policy at the loby computer and the hotel staff did it for me at front desk.

We also had wfi in our rooms and international unlimited phone calls anywere in the world, so that was nice, I was able to communicate with my family in the States for free.

The breakfasts consisted of different kinds of cereals, eggs, sausage and of course gallo pinto, fruits and coffe.

It was walking distance to the center and a lot's of restaurants as well, definitley recomend it and great price!

Room Tip: we had a corner suite on the 6th floor, with a great view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My mom and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and we loved it. It was in a very good location just a quick taxi ride to downtown San Jose. We thought the neighborhood the hotel was in seemed very safe, we did not feel threatened at all and we walked around at night. The breakfast is very good and the staff was wonderful.

Room Tip: If you stay on a higher floor there are beautiful views of sunrises over the mountains.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Pleasant well maintained hotel within 20 mins walk of central San Jose (and driving is not an option because of horrendous traffic).Surroundings mainly car parks and small houses with railings and razor wire. Advised not to go out at night but we did without problems .Plenty of restaurants nearby and supermarket and park too. Most rooms are spacious and well equipped but some have no windows and in most the windows don't open. .Breakfasts good.Dinner not.Staff pleasant and helpful, particularly the women.

Room Tip: There is a very noisy nightclub operating at the back until 4am on weekends.Rooms on the 8th floor street side are quiet until the traffic starts.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends