1,160 results
All reviewsgrand tourpremium suitecosta ricanice hotelbreakfast buffetcorner roomcomfortable bedscoffee makerhotel restauranttour groupmini bartwo blockspaseo colonenjoyed my stayyogurtstayed here for one nightairport
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel is very well located near Paseo Colón and the Parque Metropolitano. Across the hotel there is a convenience store that opens 24 x 7. The rooms are spacious and comfortable but be prepared to hear the noise from the street in your room, the windows barely block the noise and you can hear everything during the whole night (traffic, music, etc). The hotel has a phenomenal continental breakfast with a full variety of food plus a cook that prepares omelets for you. There are several restaurants close by (sodas).

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that have had the windows changed to block noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MarcialAdriana
eoreamuno, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Marcial Adriana,

Hola! Greetings from Tryp Sabana in Costa Rica. Thanks for your kind words..we are working hard with the installation of new sonic proof windows..we have 3 floors ready out of 5 with new windows. Hopefully next time you visit is the job will be ready! thanks

Reviewed January 24, 2013

To begin, I never stay at hotels but my company once had me stay at Tryp while in Costa Rica. I am accustomed to hostels, and generally consider one of the most important aspects to be whether there is a community feel, and a place for people to hang out and meet one another. I can't really comment on that because Tryp is instead a very upscale type of accommodation.

Since this was a totally different accommodation experience for me, I can comment on the comfort and cleanliness of the place. It seemed very clean, and was what I would consider fancy. The beds were comfortable and there were heaps of pillows! The showers were hot, which is important for a chilly night in San Jose.

My favourite part was the breakfast buffet. The food was delicious and included a variety of breakfast items, from the traditional gallo pinto and fresh fruit to things such as a make-you-own omelet station and pastries.

If you are looking for a hotel and have high standards, I would suggest Tryp Sabana.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
eoreamuno, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear surf207,

Greetings from Tryp Sabana! This is just a little note to thank you for your nice words, I will make sure the entire staff reads it since they do a big effort every day 24/7 to make our guests happy.
Regards,

Reviewed January 24, 2013

A place thatnhas a good value and has a great location. The only thing that we need to be more consistant, as at time we get great service and at time not so much. The breakfast is great. The happy hour too. It has free parking, which is a big plus!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that are big with big bathrooms, as they have some that are very small and most of them are larger.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Geinier,

Greetings from San Jose! Just want to thank you for your nice words..I promise you we´re working on that consistency you refer to. Just want to let you know we are aware of it and will fix it!
thanks,

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Phone in room did not work upon check in. Could not find tv remote. A visit to the front desk advised we look in drawers for the remote. This actually produced the remote. We left at 600am just in time to miss the buffet breakfast completely. No coffee or tea or pastries available before 600am. Not the most accommodating hotel we have visited.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

To whom it may concern,

I´m very sorry to hear you didn´t like our hotel. Thanks to your review I will revised procudes at front desk since they should advise guest at check in breakfast hours, and upon request we can prepare a special breakfast before 6am. Again I´m sorry about your experience, I will have a meeting right away with FD manager to issue your complain.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel was excellent. It was clean, the customer service was great. It was stylish in the rooms and the restaurant. They even had limitless call for free to the states. It was centrally located. They will help you with whatever you need, taxis, directions. the breakfast was great. I can't say enough. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The valet that took me to my room came in showed me everything, and then went and got ice for me when I asked where do you get ice. great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
eoreamuno, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Hola! Thank you very much for your beautiful review, i will make sure the entire staff reads it since they work hard every day trying to obtain these kind of reviews!

thanks again and please let us know if you are coming down our way in the near future.
Esteban Oreamuno