“Some Issues”

Ranked #11 of 77 Hotels in San Jose
Pennsylvania
“Some Issues”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Phone in room did not work upon check in. Could not find tv remote. A visit to the front desk advised we look in drawers for the remote. This actually produced the remote. We left at 600am just in time to miss the buffet breakfast completely. No coffee or tea or pastries available before 600am. Not the most accommodating hotel we have visited.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
eoreamuno, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
To whom it may concern,

I´m very sorry to hear you didn´t like our hotel. Thanks to your review I will revised procudes at front desk since they should advise guest at check in breakfast hours, and upon request we can prepare a special breakfast before 6am. Again I´m sorry about your experience, I will have a meeting right away with FD manager to issue your complain.
Esteban

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Turkish first
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel was excellent. It was clean, the customer service was great. It was stylish in the rooms and the restaurant. They even had limitless call for free to the states. It was centrally located. They will help you with whatever you need, taxis, directions. the breakfast was great. I can't say enough. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The valet that took me to my room came in showed me everything, and then went and got ice for me when I asked where do you get ice. great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
eoreamuno, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Hola! Thank you very much for your beautiful review, i will make sure the entire staff reads it since they work hard every day trying to obtain these kind of reviews!

thanks again and please let us know if you are coming down our way in the near future.
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Our first ever trip to Costa Rica, and our stay at the Tryp Sabana San Jose Hotel was an awesome experience. The rooms were very comfortable, and the employees went out of their way to be helpful. This Hotel's location makes it easy to walk into the central part of downtown San Jose. Daniela was our contact at the front counter being most helpful with anything we needed from trip arrangements, directions, permits, shuttle to and from the airport, etc.
It was a great experience!

Dear BDouglas,

Hola! This is just a little thank you note for taking the time and writing such a nice review. I will make sure Daniela gets a copy! thanks again and please let us know if you are coming again our way in the new future!
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We were staying for a convention last weekend and were very happy with the location, close to some nice restaraunts and just a bit of a walk to the Mercado. The rooms are definitely "lived in" but kept clean. We were a bit disappointed with the daily maid service. You need to leave notes to replace your used coffee mug or glasses or silverware, otherwise you return to them sitting out all day and having to go down to get some in the lobby. Also, ere is no ice machine you pick up a bag of ice in the lobby. Daniella, working at the desk was always a pleasure, very helpful and provided efficient service, whether to book shuttle service, obtain maps, always a service with a smile. The breakfast was good, although for Costa Rice, the coffee was weak. It is a good value hotel. There is road noise, we just brought earplugs and it was fine.

Dear Lifeisgreat,

Greetings from San José, Costa Rica. This is just a thank you note for taking the time and writing this review, I will forward it to housekeeping since it´s unacceptable what you are mentioning..little details that make the difference. I will also forward it to Daniel it will make her very happy! Thanks again for sharing your experience with us.
New York
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from staying 7 nights at the Tryp hotel. The room was great. Very clean and nicely designed. The beds were comfortable and the housekeeper, Irene did a great job cleaning and supplying what we needed. The room came with a safe and I appreciated that. I had room service a couple of time and it was good and fast arriving. One night I had trouble with my room phone when calling room service and couldn't put in the order but within a few minutes someone was at my door to take my order. The front desk was very accommodating and service oriented. The buffet breakfast was great. Waffles, omelet bar, fresh fruit, pastries, gallo pinto. All included in the price of the room. If I had to think of a negative it would be the street noise in the morning. Not the hotel's fault but for light sleepers, take ear plugs.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
eoreamuno, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Greetings from San José! Thank you very much for your review, it´s so nice to read such beautiful reviews..thanks for your time and we´ll be here for your next visit.
Esteban
New York
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I recently stayed at TRYP for one night stay. I stayed there to have a more convenient location to stay the night before my flight. I arrived a few minutes before 2pm and my room was not ready, that was not an issue because I knew check in time was after 2pm. I went to the restaurant in the meantime and had lunch from the buffet which was good. The restaurant is beautiful. I tried it again for dinner and the food was bland, no flavor, it was just edible. It was not worthy for dinner.The next day I tried the comp breakfast and they had a huge selection of things, great breakfast!

The staff was accomodating but were not as friendly as I expected. The FD staff assist me with the international call issue because it wasn't working from my room, it kept saying "all lines are busy, please try again later" so I went to the FD a couple of times and they let me use their phone to make a short international phone call.

The room: bed was big, a nice king size bed, very comfortable. Room was a decent size, perfect for one night stay. The bathroom was OK, maybe a little small, but the amenities were very good.

I will suggest consistency with what they offer, international phone calls, and also maybe they can install an additional computer in the lobby. But, these things are offered compliemntary so can't really complaint about that.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and I will probably stay there again because it's a clean and modern hotel at a great price. I work for a Wyndham propery in NYC and know what to expect.

Room Tip: a room on a high floor to avoid street noise. I asked for this and I got it.
Toronto
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My friend and I stayed here on two separate nights, a week apart. The location was convenient for us to head into the down town area by taxi and to the airport.

On the first evening we stayed in a premium double room and on the second evening in a double room. Both times we were on the upper floors, away from the elevators. The premium double room had more space than what we knew to do with. It came with a kitchenette, although we only made use of the fridge. The double room was much smaller, but had ample space for us. The rooms were comfortable and modern. San Jose is a noisy city, though I had no problem sleeping.

The free wi-fi and free international calling came in handy, though on our second night the free international calling wasn't working.

We partook in the buffet breakfast. There was good variety and even an omelette station. During our second stay, we had an early check out and asked if they could put together a packaged breakfast. They did - it came with a sandwich, juice, yoghurt and fruit.

You can process your exit tax at the hotel, instead of at the airport for an extra $2. They will also arrange for a shuttle to the airport, but the cost for two people is more than for a taxi ride.

For the most part staff were friendly.

Overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends