Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana
$156
$75
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
$87
$81
  • Breakfast included
$113
$94
Hotel Grano de Oro San Jose(San Jose)
$160
  • Breakfast included
$135
$90
1,145 results
All reviewscosta ricapremium suitenice hotelbreakfast buffetcorner roomcity hotelcomfortable bedscoffee makermini bartwo blockspaseo colonone night stayyogurtenjoyed my stayrandallairportsabana
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My friend and I stayed here on two separate nights, a week apart. The location was convenient for us to head into the down town area by taxi and to the airport.

On the first evening we stayed in a premium double room and on the second evening in a double room. Both times we were on the upper floors, away from the elevators. The premium double room had more space than what we knew to do with. It came with a kitchenette, although we only made use of the fridge. The double room was much smaller, but had ample space for us. The rooms were comfortable and modern. San Jose is a noisy city, though I had no problem sleeping.

The free wi-fi and free international calling came in handy, though on our second night the free international calling wasn't working.

We partook in the buffet breakfast. There was good variety and even an omelette station. During our second stay, we had an early check out and asked if they could put together a packaged breakfast. They did - it came with a sandwich, juice, yoghurt and fruit.

You can process your exit tax at the hotel, instead of at the airport for an extra $2. They will also arrange for a shuttle to the airport, but the cost for two people is more than for a taxi ride.

For the most part staff were friendly.

Overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anita49
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here the two first nights of our trip to costa rica. Ca 15 minutes drive by taxi from the airport. About 20min walk to city centre. Got two double beds at the standard room. A bit noisy from the street, and I'm pretty sure that we could hear a guest sneeze at the neighbour room... Good breakfast in a nice restaurant who also serve a la carte dinner. Very small, quite hot excercise room. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have stayed here at least 10 times. Actually I was staying there when it use to be called Days Hotel Sabana. I have stayed here with my husband numerous times. On my own, just me and my baby. And some of our staff from the Iboga House has stayed here too.

The rooms are clean, modern and comfortable. The staff was so accommodating when I was there alone with my 2.5 month old baby. That was back in June 2011 and one of the front desk staff went to the store and bought me diapers and again in August 2012 when my husband was buying a truck for a business one of the bell men did a run for baby wipes and diapers for me. The food in the restaurant is great too and breakfast was always included when I was there.

This is my first choice in the Sabana (San Jose, Costa Rica) area. Prices are pretty great for what you get. It was originally about $170 for a larger suite with a little office, king bed and big flat screen tv. They even give us a great discount now that we've been a few times and we pay a lot less now.

Room Tip: I like 808. It's spacious. With a lot of view. In the colder seasons make sure to check to make sure you really want a big window though because it tends to be a bit drafty. Also, the higher up you go the better because it gets you are away from the street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have been here three times during our 15 day adventure in this lovely country.

The staff is ever pleasant and helpful. All three rooms have been spot clean, well appointed and comfortable. Breakfast is presented with a Costa Rican flare that is very tasty as well as fun.

Location is perfect. Easy walk to fast food of all descriptions (bring colones for McDonalds!), authentic restaurants - understand from travelers that all meals here were delicious as well - and grocery stores. We often buy wine, cheese and bread and eat in our room at the end of a long day!

Deb Wimberly
Pinehurst, NC

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Nice hotel but a little noisy. I stayed here on two occasions a week a part in March 2012 The traffic from the street can be heard in rooms because the windows don' t keep out the noise out. Rooms were clean with great pillows and bedding. Nice modern touches. The restaurant was good with staff very friendly.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo