1,159 results
All reviewsgrand tourpremium suitecosta ricanice hotelbreakfast buffetcorner roomcomfortable bedscoffee makerhotel restauranttour groupmini bartwo blockspaseo colonenjoyed my stayyogurtstayed here for one nightairport
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We chose to stay here due to the good reviews and location. We had booked a king room via a discount site and were given a queen but did not complain. The queen was a bit small for 2 people, but as we were not in our room much so it worked out ok. Room was spotless, staff was GREAT. Housekeeping put a beautiful floral vase in our room the second night. Location is close to everything you need...banks, restaurants, Paseo Colon...and it's a plus to pay the airport departure tax at the front desk. Better to catch a taxi via Paseo Colon than in front of the building BTW. The free breakfast was fantastic with hot items like huevos and plantain, along with cold yogurt, cereals and fantastic coffee. Very nice staff, very nice stay. .

Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Days Hotel the night before our flight back home. I was less than impressed with my stay there. The good things about it are that you are walking distance from taco bell, pizza hut, subway, and KFC. You are also very close to a LOUD night club. Even though we were up on the 9th floor, we were able to hear every single song that the club played all night long. We left around 5am to catch our flight and the music was still going. Other than that, the room was good, comfortable beds, adequate facilities.

1  Thank humbleopinion123
AmigoCostaRica, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

To whom it may concern,

Hello, my name is Esteban the manager at Days in SJO..I´m very sorry to hear you suffer from the noise of the disco..we´re trying so hard to regulate their noise and shut off hour with the city authorities, the good thing is that they only do like 2 shows a month, unfortunately you were here in one of those..again I appologize..not much I can say, I hope you give us a second chance on your next visit to San José.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Staff is great. Great ratio of value/price. Gives you a good first taste of Costa Rica. One thing was strange - a bit wet sheets, but it may be because of the middle of the wet season.

Management response:Responded October 25, 2011

Dear Mr. Mikhail,

Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate it very much. I would like to appologize for the wet sheets...one thing is for sure, it shouldn´t matter if we are in rainy season, sheets shoudn´t be wet...it was a bad thing on our behalf, sorry about that. I hope you return so we can have an opportunity to make it up to you:) thanks. Esteban Oreamuno

Reviewed October 15, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel twice now when I go to Costa Rica for business. Its very clean and the rooms are very up-to-date and nicely decorated. The staff is very friendly and always looking to make your stay better. It includes breakfast and they have a decent buffet in the mornings. The hotel restaurant is pretty good as well. The have free wi-fi which is very helpful.
The only thing I would say is that they dont have mini-bars in the room-so no fridge.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded October 17, 2011

Dear Stephen,

Greetings from sunny Costa Rica! On behalf of the entire Days Hotel staff I would like to thank you for your nice comments, I´m so happy you like our hotel facilities and service..we´ll be here getting better every day waiting for your next visit!!! So you know we just increased our wifi broadband to 8 megas...our guests like it...in relation with mini bars...no plans to have them in the near future..we want to stock more our gift shop..so guests can purchase goodies at the lobby.Thanks again..please let me know when will be your next visit! thanks.
Esteban Oreamuno

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Before arriving here I read several of the reviews and ratings and saw that the hotel was rated #3 in San Jose, it said that it was downtown, and had a great local tour travel agency service.....

Well, the hotel isn't exactly downtown and it was somewhat of a task to find the travel agency (UNiglobe) two floors under the hotel and within some sort of mini mall work center. There also isn't much to do immediately around the hotel and it seems to be mostly local Costa Ricans that stay here for business rather than international tourists.

Aside from that the staff was VERY friendly and as helpful as they come. I felt it slightly offensive when on the 3 morning there when I went down to enjoy the complimentary breakfast (a great perk) for the 3rd day, the same waiter that spoke to me the last two days approached me and asked if I checked in last night and that if I did I was not eligible breakfast...I reminded him if our previous conversations about the Yankees the days prior and he apologized, explaining that the front desk told him that a "black guy" came in late for check in and wasn't eligible for breakfast yet.

Once nightfall hits you don't want to really want to walk around- the front desk will tell you the phone numbers for McDonalds, Pollo Campero and Pizza Hut (that all deliver) if you've had enough of the hotel restaurant (Sepia) food. But if you are in a group and want to get a little local flavor if it is not too late you can walk behind the hotel (go two blocks then make a left) and you will reach a Wendy's, Taco Bell , AmPm (24 hour convenient store), a sushi spot, KFC, Quiznos and Subway.

The free Wifi in the rooms were great, the rooms were clean, hotel itself was very safe and the free long distance in the rooms was also a bug plus. Overall the hotel was pretty darn good And if you do book a room, request a room with a view of the mountains, on the clear days it is BREATHTAKING to wake up to the sunrise over the mountain horizon - the windows in these rooms span the wall.

Room Tip: Request a room with a mountain view for the sunrise
Management response:Responded October 11, 2011

Dear Ray3823,

Greetings from Days Hotel San José...thank you very much for your honest review..my name is Esteban Oreamuno and I´m the manager...I´m very sorry for the waiters attitude...it´s sooo difficult sometimes to have the staff put on the guest´s shoes, I always tell them, imagine if you are traveling how would you like to be treated....but we´re getting there..again, thank you very much for your comments..it really make us work harder everyday to become the best hotel in San José! Please let me know if you are coming our way once more...my email is esteban.oreamuno@dayshotelsanjose.com
Have a great day!