“First-timers should do this”

Barrio Bird Walking Tours
Artist Bird - San Jose Creative Side Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 4 Food & Drink in San Jose
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Group & Private City Tours of San Jose, Costa Rica and Central Valley day-trips. Food, History, Culture and Art.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Researching for our first trip to Costa Rica, I found a short video of this walking tour on youtube. Because we were staying a few days in San Jose before going to Osa, I went to the Barrio Bird Tours website and booked a walking tour for the morning of our first day there. As others have reported already, this is an excellent way to get your bearings in hustling, bustling San Jose and learn some things about its history, historical architecture and get a few tips regarding the San Jose culture too. It was interesting, as well, learning a bit about personable, fun, street-wise Stacey and how it is that she came to live in Costa Rica. By the way, if we ever go to San Jose again, we'd really like to participate in her "eating establishments" tour.

Bellaiis, Owner at Barrio Bird Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thanks! It's always a blast having truly curious guests!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stacey was a great tour host! I got so much more out of San Jose having someone with local knowledge leading us. We went to major spots in San Jose, discussed the historical significance, and actually learned a thing or two. I highly recommend Stacey's tour.

- Chris

Thanks for the feedback, glad there was lots to learn!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I spent one day in San Jose during my recent holiday in Costa Rica, and am glad that I went on a Barrio Bird walking tour during my brief time in the city.

Stacey is a very friendly, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable guide. I learned a lot about San Jose's history, architecture, and culture during my afternoon tour.

I would definitely recommend her tour services.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Some folks had warned us about visiting San Jose, but we are glad we decided to spend a day here before venturing off to the more exotic regions of the country. The highlight of our San Jose visit was our tour with Stacey. She was friendly, funny and really knew a lot about Costa Rican history and culture. The tour was varied, including architectural sites, food stops, murals, and a lot of interesting discussion. Stacey was so laid back that it felt like hanging out with a good friend. A nice way to get acclimated to a foreign land!

Bellaiis, Owner at Barrio Bird Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thanks! It's always fun to customize tours, especially with food! Glad you enjoyed!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stacey was great. She was on time, answered all our questions, responded quickly to our emails, tailored the walking tour to our needs, and a lot of fun to hang out with. Two thumbs up!

Bellaiis, Owner at Barrio Bird Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Had a blast with Aaron and clan. I really enjoyed creating a custom tour to meet their travel needs!