“Excellent walking Tour!”

Bird's Nest: 2-hour San Jose City Highlights Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 7 Food & Drink in San Jose
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Group & Private City Tours of San Jose, Costa Rica and Central Valley day-trips. Food, History, Culture and Art.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Waxhaw, North Carolina, Usa
“Excellent walking Tour!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stacey was a great tour host! I got so much more out of San Jose having someone with local knowledge leading us. We went to major spots in San Jose, discussed the historical significance, and actually learned a thing or two. I highly recommend Stacey's tour.

- Chris

Visited March 2013
Bellaiis, Owner at Barrio Bird Walking Tours, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thanks for the feedback, glad there was lots to learn!

Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“An excellent afternoon in San Jose”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I spent one day in San Jose during my recent holiday in Costa Rica, and am glad that I went on a Barrio Bird walking tour during my brief time in the city.

Stacey is a very friendly, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable guide. I learned a lot about San Jose's history, architecture, and culture during my afternoon tour.

I would definitely recommend her tour services.

Los Angeles, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Highlight of our visit to San Jose!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Some folks had warned us about visiting San Jose, but we are glad we decided to spend a day here before venturing off to the more exotic regions of the country. The highlight of our San Jose visit was our tour with Stacey. She was friendly, funny and really knew a lot about Costa Rican history and culture. The tour was varied, including architectural sites, food stops, murals, and a lot of interesting discussion. Stacey was so laid back that it felt like hanging out with a good friend. A nice way to get acclimated to a foreign land!

Visited January 2013
Bellaiis, Owner at Barrio Bird Walking Tours, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thanks! It's always fun to customize tours, especially with food! Glad you enjoyed!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hey Y'all”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stacey was great. She was on time, answered all our questions, responded quickly to our emails, tailored the walking tour to our needs, and a lot of fun to hang out with. Two thumbs up!

Visited March 2013
Bellaiis, Owner at Barrio Bird Walking Tours, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Had a blast with Aaron and clan. I really enjoyed creating a custom tour to meet their travel needs!
North Haven, Connecticut
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I'm normally not a huge fan of walking tours -- I hate standing out and looking like a total tourist. This tour is the complete opposite of that, and I'm really happy I decided to do it. Stacey is a fantastic tour guide who runs small, intimate tours that can be easily catered to the group's interests. I feel like we saw so much in the city that I never would have seen, and Stacey provides an amazing amount of context and background information to every sight. I highly recommend doing this tour on your first day in San Jose -- I ended up spending five days in the city, and I found that after a morning with Stacey it was very easy for me to find my way around. She really went above and beyond in terms of the information provided. After learning that I was planning to go to the Tapanti National Park, she let me know how much the cabs really cost to get there and gave me a link to her review of the park. It was incredibly helpful. Can't say enough good things about this tour -- it was totally worth it!

Visited February 2013
Thanks for the feedback, glad the extra tips helped and that you felt 'cool' enough to walk around with me!