“Hey Y'all” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bird's Nest: 2-hour San Jose City Highlights Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 5 Food & Drink in San Jose
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Group & Private City Tours of San Jose, Costa Rica and Central Valley day-trips. Food, History, Culture and Art.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hey Y'all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stacey was great. She was on time, answered all our questions, responded quickly to our emails, tailored the walking tour to our needs, and a lot of fun to hang out with. Two thumbs up!

Visited March 2013
Bellaiis, Owner at Barrio Bird Walking Tours, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Had a blast with Aaron and clan. I really enjoyed creating a custom tour to meet their travel needs!

North Haven, Connecticut
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I'm normally not a huge fan of walking tours -- I hate standing out and looking like a total tourist. This tour is the complete opposite of that, and I'm really happy I decided to do it. Stacey is a fantastic tour guide who runs small, intimate tours that can be easily catered to the group's interests. I feel like we saw so much in the city that I never would have seen, and Stacey provides an amazing amount of context and background information to every sight. I highly recommend doing this tour on your first day in San Jose -- I ended up spending five days in the city, and I found that after a morning with Stacey it was very easy for me to find my way around. She really went above and beyond in terms of the information provided. After learning that I was planning to go to the Tapanti National Park, she let me know how much the cabs really cost to get there and gave me a link to her review of the park. It was incredibly helpful. Can't say enough good things about this tour -- it was totally worth it!

Visited February 2013
Thanks for the feedback, glad the extra tips helped and that you felt 'cool' enough to walk around with me!
Atlanta
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a way ... to see San Jose!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We loved the Barrio Bird Walking Tour. Stacey is informative and entertaining. Even the native Costa Ricans on our tour learned a thing or two. Wear good walking shoes, and don't forget your camera. Pura Vida!

Visited February 2013
Bellaiis, Owner at Barrio Bird Walking Tours, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thanks for the tour! You all were great and I look forward to seeing the next time you're in San Jose!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Stacey is a terrific guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Barrio Bird's tour guide Stacey is great. She responds promptly to emails and even arranged for a cab driver friend (a great tour guide, too) to pick us up in the morning, store our luggage all day, and collect us after the tour. She's friendly and knows where to go and what to see in downtown San Jose...remodeled buildings, churches, statues and sculptures--and the nearest clean restrooms! Just be ready to do a LOT of walking on uneven streets.

Visited January 2013
Bellaiis, Owner at Barrio Bird Walking Tours, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. We are happy to help any clients with transport and luggage needs!
“Fun, informative and tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

My boyfriend Alex and I took two of Stacey's tours while on a very short two day visit to San Jose. We both felt like the tours made the city come alive in ways we never would have experienced otherwise. The barrio bird tour was informative and the pictures Stacey had of the way things used to look really made it fun and informative. The hungry bird tour was an awesome way of experiencing local bakeries, markets and a way to try local food!! Thanks Stacey for two wonderful tours!!!!!

Bellaiis, Owner at Barrio Bird Walking Tours, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thanks Gillian for the review! I had a blast, fun clients like you make work play!