“Fun, informative and tasty!”

Barrio Bird Walking Tours
Artist Bird - San Jose Creative Side Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 5 Food & Drink in San Jose
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Group & Private City Tours of San Jose, Costa Rica and Central Valley day-trips. Food, History, Culture and Art.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My boyfriend Alex and I took two of Stacey's tours while on a very short two day visit to San Jose. We both felt like the tours made the city come alive in ways we never would have experienced otherwise. The barrio bird tour was informative and the pictures Stacey had of the way things used to look really made it fun and informative. The hungry bird tour was an awesome way of experiencing local bakeries, markets and a way to try local food!! Thanks Stacey for two wonderful tours!!!!!

Bellaiis, Owner at Barrio Bird Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thanks Gillian for the review! I had a blast, fun clients like you make work play!

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Stacey did a great job of getting us to connect with her on a quick trip thru San Jose. She blends the history of the city with the juicy details of the present. This was no canned lecture with a bunch of dates. She utilizes technology by showing pictures of what an area or building looked like in it's historical context. I was impressed with her passion for the city and country. The tour experience gave us a better understanding of Costa Rica and it's geography.

Thanks for the feedback Jeff! Now we are motivated to incorporate MORE photos!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I think there is only one way to explore a city and that is on foot. I emailed Stacey and was able to do a combo tour to explore the city and also experience some pretty amazing food!

Stacey has an in-depth knowledge of San Jose and really brought the city to life. I highly recommended taking this tour while visiting San Jose.

Bellaiis, Owner at Barrio Bird Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thanks so much for taking interest in San Jose, taking the tour and taking time to leave a review! We all benefit from your 'social' work. See you around the interwebs!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I did the food tour and the bar tour a couple of days ago and both were excellent! I saw parts of San Jose I would never have found on my own, experienced great food and drink, and got amazing pictures. Stacy was very knowledgeable and experienced, I could tell she had a real passion for what she does and that made the experience all the more enjoyable. She was easy to talk to and very kind, a great tour guide! I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants to get to see a side of San Jose they will never forget!

Thanks so much for leaving a review, hope you all enjoyed the rest of your trip! I need another tour like that soon!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were only in San José for a few days before traveling to our final destination in San Luis de Monteverde. We were a group of Food Science students from the University of Georgia so it seemed only fitting that we do the "Hungry Bird" and the "Fiesta Bird" tours. Stacey took us on a lengthy tour that included historical education and delicious food and drink. There is no way that we could have had the same experiences on our own. I HIGHLY recommend taking any of Stacey's tours. You will not be disappointed.