“Barrio Bird Walking Tours”

Barrio Bird Walking Tours
Artist Bird - San Jose Creative Side Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 5 Food & Drink in San Jose
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Group & Private City Tours of San Jose, Costa Rica and Central Valley day-trips. Food, History, Culture and Art.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stacey is truly an ambassador to San Jose. She should work for the Bureau of Tourism. She's fun, knowledgeable, accommodating, prompt, and passionate about San Jose. Ticos and gringos alike should take advantage of this inspiring tour. She helps to bring out the architectural beauty, the history and the future changes in this capital city and she does this with energy and openmindedness. One can sense the pride she has for San Jose. One can also sense the warmth of the Costa Rican people. Absolutely recommended!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Having just moved to Costa Rica, understanding more about where I was = essential. I'd been to downtown San Jose a couple of times on my own and was not seriously impressed beyond the fact that I was in Costa Rica and not the US.... Now I know totally different! Stacey provided an incredible tour of areas in, around and through parts of the town I'd seen on my own, but I saw them in a completely different way. The parks are incredible! There are walking avenues throughout!! A thorough, intelligent, casual tour that can't come more highly recommended; and the price is incredible. I'm looking forward to experiencing the rest of her tours!

Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I booked San Jose walking tour. They were very accommodating with my schedule. My guide was very knowledgeable in the history and old San Jose. It was very interesting as I am into old buildings/architecture, and love history.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We tried walking around on our own one day, but we learned far more on Stacey's tour. She pointed out architecture, art, sculptures, and explained the history behind everything. She also shared with us stories about what it is like to live in Costa Rica. This tour was one of the highlights of our trip to Costa Rica.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stacey is a very friendly and engaging guide. She is very knowledgeable about the city and its history and our 2 hours absolutely flew by. I loved the personal touch - it felt that I was being shown a city by a friend rather than a tour guide. Even after our tour had ended, she recommended a local soda for me to sample the local cuisine.

I saw more of San Jose in 2 hours with Stacey than I would have in a day by myself. The perfect way to spend a morning in San Jose - and a great start to my Costa Rican adventure.

1  Thank stevekiely