“Excellent Walking Tour”

Bird's Nest: 2-hour San Jose City Highlights Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 5 Food & Drink in San Jose
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Group & Private City Tours of San Jose, Costa Rica and Central Valley day-trips. Food, History, Culture and Art.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Excellent Walking Tour”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I have lived near San José for 6 years but it was amazing what I learned on the walking tour with Stacey. She makes the tour fun and shows you places I would not have seen by myself. I will definitely bring out of town friends to experience San José with Barrio Bird Walking Tours. It was really worth while. It is a must if you are in San José.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“A must in San Jose.”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I’ve visited San Jose many times for work, and admittedly have not experienced much of the city considering the lack of information and general malaise of the locals towards their city, at least as a destination for tourists. I came across Stacey’s tour and decided that maybe this transplant would have a different perspective on San Jose – and that she did. The tour was so easy to book and Stacey is flexible, which made me feel like I had a friendly insider to show me around. The tour was downtown-focused and provided great depth into the history, culture, and architecture of the downtown area making the city seem more accessible, and frankly, more interesting than guidebooks let on. A true gem of a tour and a new perspective on a city often looked-over. This is a must do if you have time in San Jose, its informative, flexible and laidback! P.S. I asked the staff for downtown hangout ideas, and the recommendations were spot on.

San Jose, Costa Rica
“your guide to the hidden gems of San José”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

After living in Costa Rica for 4+ years and visiting 'Chepe' almost weekly I thought I knew all the architectural nooks and crannies of downtown San José but Stacey's tour offered up many surprises. There were historical buildings I hadn't seen and stories I hadn't heard. Stacey has done her homework and offers thoughtful commentary, an insider's view. She's also fun and good people. Pura vida!

San José, Costa Rica
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Informative and lots of fun! Moderately priced, too”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I live near San José and love looking at the architectural elements I can recognize. Stacey knew interesting history of the area, including architectural points and political ones, that made our stops "come alive." I hope to take this tour again, with visitors or with another group of local friends. It was really worth while!

Los Angeles, Heredia, Costa Rica
“Eye Opening!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I've lived here 5 years, and have been coming down off and on for 10 years now and still saw things and learned facts I hadn't before for whatever reason. I didn't do the entire "Day in San Jose" package but thoroughly enjoyed my morning walking through the city with Stacey and Maddie! It was interesting to think back to what the San Jose must have been like 100 years ago, there is a very colorful history to be learned about a lot of the architectural landmarks of the capital! Also Stacey was very accommodating and flexible, I joined the tour last minute with no trouble. At the end of the day, I would say whether you have a whole day, or just a couple hours to spare, I would highly recommend Stacey and Barrio Bird Walking Tours.... Cheers!

Visited October 2011