All reviewsoutdoor kitchenhot waterhostel gueststica busmajor buscommon areasstayed for one nightwi fiamirpansstovenicaraguaclinicdowntowncountrysupermarketsignal
Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

Service prior our arrival was very good and the Aldea hostel was very flexible in moving our dates of stay. Further, the service during our stay was very welcoming too. I would give 5 stars for it. Unfortunately the room was kind of fusty and smelled a bit. The bathroom wasn’t clean and construction on the roof were very noisy. The walls are thin so you hear every step and word of the other guest.

Stayed: November 2017
Aldea Hostel C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Aldea San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

Hello and thank you for reviewing Aldea. We are happy to accommodate the date of your stay if there is room availability.
We apologize that the room was not up to standard during your stay. Due to construction, it is a little more difficult to manage the cleanliness and quietness around the construction area. The good news is that the construction has completed and all guests can now enjoy the upgrades to the hotel.
We encourage our guests to be more silent during quiet hours. We will continue to do our best to ensure that it is quiet during those hours.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Aldea for 3 days in a private single room. Was ideal for what i needed. I came down from Nicaragua on the Tica Bus and knew nothing of the San Jose area.
Aldea is only a 5 minute walk from the main tica bus terminal. The staff where very friendly upon arrival and check in was easy and quick. So within 15 minutes of stepping off the Bus i was checked in and relaxing in my private room.
Wifi connection was good as i rely on wifi for work purposes, The hotel isnt brand new and flashy but comfortable and clean. Its located within walking distance of san jose city center shops, international stadium, zoo, museum and markets.
I would recommend to eat at the adjoining restaurant if you enjoy pizza, pasta and a nice sangria.
The hostel itself was quiet even though there where always people coming and going.
Thankyou Aldea for a relaxing and comfortable visit... see you next visa run.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo

We are happy that you found Aldea comfortable, clean, quiet, relaxing, and appreciate our friendly staff.

If you are still getting to know San Jose, our reception staff can provide you with all of the information you need to be comfortable venturing out into the city.

Aldea is conveniently located, and we believe that 15 minutes from bus to relaxing in our private room is a record time :)

We look forward to having you with us again anytime, or during your visa run is great too!

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Right from the beginning, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I cannot thank them enough for going out of their way to make my travel and lack of knowledge of the spanish language a smooth transition. The location is excellent, the dorm rooms safe with plenty of storage space, and they let me store my bags until a room became available, directing me to the best local soda around! The common area is clean and comfortable, and the restaurant on location serves some of the best food as well. I really can't say enough great things about my two stays with them, and will look forward to making it my favourite stop while in San Jose next time around. Hats off to such quality accommodation and lovely staff, at such affordable rates!

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank shann0nd79
Aldea Hostel C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Aldea San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Thank you for your kind words, we are glad that your experience was so outstanding. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and are happy that our staff was friendly and helpful. We know that the language barrier can cause some anxiousness so we are pleased that your transition was smooth. The location, safety, extra storage, and local recommendations are just a few things that we offer to make your stay more pleasant. Our goal is to provide a clean, comfortable common areas as well as the convenience of good food nearby. Once again, thank you for your favorable compliments. We know that you have other options but are overjoyed that you chose to patronize Aldea and The Corner. You are welcomed again and again!

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

I can't thank enough to the owner Mr. Amir and the amazing staff and volunteers who work at Aldea, I went there after a not so pleasant experience in another famous hostel with cool amenities, but not so cool environment. The house is super chic with a great location (with many groceries stores, banks, fast food, bars, local bus stops and international bus stations too), it has nice areas all around and delightful music playing all day, a big kitchen full equipped with all you might need, a huge fridge and many tables and chairs to enjoy your meal or a good time with friends or a good book because it has a quiet atmosphere too, a strong Wi-Fi range even in the upper level, hot water showers, and they provide you with warn linen for the cold nights, a little soap and a towel, and coffee and a yummy muffing every morning. They have information for any activity you might want to do while in the country, and they also offer tours and shuttles if you want it. Here, since I arrived Kevin made sure I felt not just comfortable and acknowledged but welcomed, and from that moment each one of them made every return (I came back every time I went to San Jose, after being in any other city) more enjoyable as they are super friendly, well informed, very approachable and they speak English and Spanish. Marilyn Always super resourceful when I needed directions and with any question in general, Arlenne With all her cool ideas of entertainment to make our nights more fun and the interaction with people easier, Josué with his super cheelax and cool vibe, mrs Liliam making sure everything is spotless and with her usuful advices about going around the country, and last but not least, my dear volunteers: Anaid and Arturo, who shared amazing experiences, treated me with delicious meals and desserts and also helped me when I needed it. Every night I spent here was better than the other and I'll definitely stay there again when I come back. Oh and I almost forget, if you don't feel like cooking or going out to eat, The Corner pizzeria & bar will make sure you have an amazing meal, cocktail or simply a good time, and if you don't feel like it, don't worry you can enjoy your meal in the hostel areas because they will bring it to you too, so you can enjoy "almost" a breakfast in bed . So while in San Jose, without a doubt look for Aldea, you won't regret it!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
Aldea Hostel C, Owner at Aldea San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2017

We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay here at Aldea. Our goal is to provide optimum service to our guests with hospitality being high on the list. You may come as a guest but we hope you leave feeling like family.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

This hostel is very centrally located and allowed me to walk to downtown San Jose in <30 minutes. The restaurant next door is convenient and had great pizza. The staff is very accommodating and let me turn an empty dorm into an all female room upon request. I ended up meeting a great group of girls that I'm still in contact with :)

Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo

Thank you for highlighting the convenience of Aldea, we like that people are able to get around on foot to some of the local attractions. We are happy that you enjoyed the pizza at The Corner and that the staff could meet your needs in creating an all female dorm. Here at Aldea you may come as a guest but we hope that you are able to form some connections and leave with friends. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to serve you in the future.
Chat