“Best restaurant for healthy food in San José, Costa Rica”

Mantras Veggie Cafe and Tea House
Ranked #2 of 23 Coffee & Tea in San Jose
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beauty and health come from within, at MANTRAS, we are making this a possibility. We have RAW, ORGANIC, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN, DAIRY & SUGAR FREE options that are DELICIOUS on your soul!! The active enzymes that our food provides your body will allow it to always be at its prime level of energy, health and beauty. We support serving organically local fruits and vegetables using natural ingredients specializing in a diverse menu. We do natural cold press juicing, smoothies, kombucha and fermented foods. . We work with small producers and venders supporting our local economy. We have outdoor and indoor seating, take large groups with or without reservation.
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had the BEST meal we have had in CR in 10 years -- healthy, delicious, beautiful presentation, creative, we wish we had found it much sooner!!! Yummmmmm!

1  Thank Jean L

Reviewed July 6, 2014

If you are into vegetarian or vegan dishes, this is the place to go! They have a great variety of dishes: soups, raw dishes and desserts, pasta, rice bowls, ice-cream, smoothies, juices, smoothies, sandwiches, wraps, coffee, and to die for desserts. My personal favorites are the Spicy Pad Thai and the Yogi Bowl, but I often find myself choosing between those and the delicious specials offered that day. This place is just epic. They also sell Sunwarrior, Aromas para el Alma, ECOCO, and Sun is Shining products, among other items that might interest people living a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle.

The service there is great, orders are promptly served at your table and the waiters are friendly and attentive towards the clients.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have lived in Costa Rica for 11 years. I have eaten at most vegetarian restaurants I hear about. I have heard about Mantras for many years from many friends encouraging me to eat there. It is not in an area i get to often. I finally went this week. From the Lemon Grass Kombucha to the raw pizza and the raw berry brownie, it was divine. I also got to sample some of the chef/owner's fermented foods - which were awesome. I will be back and loved it!!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Went with a group of 7 for lunch today and we were all absolutely blown away by how amazing each of our meals were. All of which were served within 10 to 15 minutes after placing our orders. I was the only plant eater in the group but all my friends were so impressed they said they could easily convert to vegetarianism if they could eat this food everyday. The staff were all so friendly and patient especially considering how long it took us to decide what to order. Aldo at the cashier even offered to call cabs for us because it was raining! :) The menu was huge with so many choices we had to buy our dinner to take away just to try as much as we could. They also have a cool selection of organic, eco-friendly and cruelty free skin care and supplements. Best part was, I bought 2 main meals, 2 deserts, 2 drinks, a face moisturizer and a jar of coconut oil ALL FOR LESS THAN $40U.S.
Im eating my pad thai now so upest that the experience will soon be over!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Mantras is a great veggie cafe settled in an old house in Barrio Escalante, San Pedro. Their menu is well balanced: soups, salads, pastas, wraps and desserts are all fresh and yummy. My 3 friends and I shared the Mantras Salad, the Mexican Salad, and the Pad Thai, all really tasty. For dessert we shared the most delicious “raw brownie” with cranberries and walnuts and their homemade ice creams. They also offer gluten free items. Splendid portions and reasonable prices.
More details on by blog: costaricabynataly