“Best Vegan Restaurant in Costa Rica”

Mantras Veggie Cafe and Tea House
Ranked #1 of 19 Coffee & Tea in San Jose
Cuisines: Cafe, Costa Rican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Beauty and health come from within, at MANTRAS, we are making this a possibility. We have RAW, ORGANIC, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN, DAIRY & SUGAR FREE options that are DELICIOUS on your soul!! The active enzymes that our food provides your body will allow it to always be at its prime level of energy, health and beauty. We support serving organically local fruits and vegetables using natural ingredients specializing in a diverse menu. We do natural cold press juicing, smoothies, kombucha and fermented foods. . We work with small producers and venders supporting our local economy. We have outdoor and indoor seating, take large groups with or without reservation.
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Best Vegan Restaurant in Costa Rica”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I've gone to several restaurants here in Costa Rica to try vegan food, I have to say this is the best, they use only fresh ingredients and the food presentation always looks good. You must try their vegan raw desserts!

• Visited April 2014

San Jose, Costa Rica
“Best veggie place in San José”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

If you are that kind of person who thinks that veggie food is boring, change your mind going to Mantras. You will love it. No need to be vegetarian, you will love it for sure.

Visited January 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fresh, Fulfilling and Flavorful!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Mantras has great food, amazing customer service and a comfortable, clean environment. I was in Costa Rica for 4 days visiting from Washington DC and I had the benefit of trying different items on the menu every day and everything was amazing from the smoothies and juices to the main meals and desserts. The food was made with love and it was fresh. I can't wait to visit Costa Rica again and bring my family and friends. My favorite was the raw pizza with the green smoothie. I ended up taking pictures of the food because the food not only tasted great but looked great as well. I have many friends that are not vegetarian or vegan but I know for sure they would love this restaurant. I read the positive reviews on Trip Advisor which is the main reason I decided to check out the restaurant in the first place. Mantras should be a Landmark in Costa Rica. The staff was great, I can definitely feel positive vibrations from the people who work at Mantras and I can see they put their heart and soul into preparing the meals and serving the people. I have traveled to many countries and I would have to say this has been the best food I've had in a very long time! The food makes me wish I lived in Costa Rica.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Preech757
Sabadell, Spain
“Great place”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Nice place, quiet, amazing good food and service. I have been really impressed with the smoothies including new and unexpected flavors.

Definitely I recommend this restaurant.

Bethesda, Maryland
“Wonderfully Tasty”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Away from the busy city center, Mantras was a great surprise. We had two specials, tasty "pollo" gallitos - sort of taco on a soft tortilla; and the canelones stuffed with mushrooms. Both were tasty and small enough that you could add some else, like a mini soup.

The restaurant was at capacity and people had to be told to return another day.

Visited January 2014