“Making healthy food taste good”

Mantras Veggie Cafe and Tea House
Ranked #2 of 14 Coffee & Tea in San Jose
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beauty and health come from within, at MANTRAS, we are making this a possibility. We have RAW, ORGANIC, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN, DAIRY & SUGAR FREE options that are DELICIOUS on your soul!! The active enzymes that our food provides your body will allow it to always be at its prime level of energy, health and beauty. We support serving organically local fruits and vegetables using natural ingredients specializing in a diverse menu. We do natural cold press juicing, smoothies, kombucha and fermented foods. . We work with small producers and venders supporting our local economy. We have outdoor and indoor seating, take large groups with or without reservation.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

So we ran into this vegetarian place which I had heard great reviews. We decided to go give it a try and to our surprise it tasted amazing! They have to update their location though, it is no longer located 200 mts North from the Centro Cultural, lucky we called to verify, it is now located from the rotonda el Farolito, 200mts East and 25 mts South. The food has the excellent balance between healthy and tasteful. They actually make you want and enjoy eating salad and brown rice. The dessert was amazing, raw berry pie. The place is ok, with a small backyard with a garden. Great options for lactose intolerant people, having the option of almond milk for the smoothies.

1  Thank vmeyi
There are newer reviews for Mantras Veggie Cafe and Tea House

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have been here many times, they offer a variety menu, and the people are kind. I love the Tofu with peanut sauce; the hamburger is pretty good too. Also try the Wang Tan and the lentils soup. The deserts are delicious, but kind of expensive. In the main plate of the day they always offer more than 2 options, you will not need any meat or chicken, because is delicious without that and you feel much better when you start to eat in this way. I can say this is one of my favorite places to visit in lunch time.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Veggie food with a touch of Costa Rica! Nice place, excellent menu, organic and gluten free options, well priced for the high quality and delicious dishes. Try the daily dish and you would not regret it, its always a different nice surprise!!

1  Thank MarcoAMM
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been a Mantras fan for several years. I love sitting in the outdoor tables, and eat while watching the flowers. Their daily menu has great option and the price is reasonable. The owners need to advertise that they use many organic ingredients. Gives me a great feeling to know that I am eating dishes that are healthy for the environment and my family.

I celebrated there my last birthday, and like to take my 4-year-old daughter to eat ice cream in the afternoons.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great selection of vegetarian and vegan food in an otherwise meat hungry region. I ate here a few times even though I am not vegetarian. Good food, large portions, and a great environment. However, you find this place in San Jose, California...it's in San Jose, Costa Rica, so plan your flight accordingly.