“Delicious food / outdoor tables” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mantras Veggie Cafe and Tea House

Mantras Veggie Cafe and Tea House
Ranked #1 of 12 Dessert in San Jose
Cuisines: Cafe, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Central American, Costa Rican, Gluten Free Options, South American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Beauty and health come from within, at MANTRAS, we are making this a possibility. We have RAW, ORGANIC, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN, DAIRY & SUGAR FREE options that are DELICIOUS on your soul!! The active enzymes that our food provides your body will allow it to always be at its prime level of energy, health and beauty. We support serving organically local fruits and vegetables using natural ingredients specializing in a diverse menu. We do natural cold press juicing, smoothies, kombucha and fermented foods. . We work with small producers and venders supporting our local economy. We have outdoor and indoor seating, take large groups with or without reservation.
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Delicious food / outdoor tables”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been a Mantras fan for several years. I love sitting in the outdoor tables, and eat while watching the flowers. Their daily menu has great option and the price is reasonable. The owners need to advertise that they use many organic ingredients. Gives me a great feeling to know that I am eating dishes that are healthy for the environment and my family.

I celebrated there my last birthday, and like to take my 4-year-old daughter to eat ice cream in the afternoons.

• Visited April 2013

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Costa Rica not California...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great selection of vegetarian and vegan food in an otherwise meat hungry region. I ate here a few times even though I am not vegetarian. Good food, large portions, and a great environment. However, you find this place in San Jose, California...it's in San Jose, Costa Rica, so plan your flight accordingly.

• Visited June 2012
Alajuela
“Exceptional vegetarian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

we went to this restaurant to celebrate my birthday's son he is just 14 years old and loves the vegetarian food. I was surprised because I've nerver imagine that the vegetarian food was so delicious. I tryed a fajitas soy meet with rice and vegetables, my son and wife order lasagna and my sister tryed a hamburger simply good
The natural juices were delicious too
It was a nice experience trying new food for all my family. I recommended it with no fear to mistake top say it will be satisface to everyone.

A TripAdvisor Member
“yummmmmmy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

i went with my best friend to have luch and th specials are to die for, besides th prices are very reasonable and th customer service is great

Orford, Canada
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We were totally amazed by the deliciousness of the food we ate here! We ordered two of the daily specials (the vegetarian lasagna and the flauta (an enchilada filled with squash, yucca, avocadoes with a delicious salsa) and both were exquisite and huge! All the daily specials were accompanied by a huge salad and a little plate with 3 types of incredible dressing (tahini, avocado/cilantro, and honey). My husband took the yogi bowl and it was AMAZING. We ordered to green juices that were just delicious! The mango/maracuya vegan pie was excellent, but the chocolate cake and organic ice cream were a bit disappointing. The terrace is really nice and we just LOVED this place!

• Visited April 2012