“Costa Rica not California...”

Mantras Veggie Cafe and Tea House
Ranked #2 of 20 Coffee & Tea in San Jose
Cuisines: Cafe, Costa Rican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Beauty and health come from within, at MANTRAS, we are making this a possibility. We have RAW, ORGANIC, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN, DAIRY & SUGAR FREE options that are DELICIOUS on your soul!! The active enzymes that our food provides your body will allow it to always be at its prime level of energy, health and beauty. We support serving organically local fruits and vegetables using natural ingredients specializing in a diverse menu. We do natural cold press juicing, smoothies, kombucha and fermented foods. . We work with small producers and venders supporting our local economy. We have outdoor and indoor seating, take large groups with or without reservation.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Costa Rica not California...”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great selection of vegetarian and vegan food in an otherwise meat hungry region. I ate here a few times even though I am not vegetarian. Good food, large portions, and a great environment. However, you find this place in San Jose, California...it's in San Jose, Costa Rica, so plan your flight accordingly.

• Visited June 2012

Alajuela
“Exceptional vegetarian restaurant”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

we went to this restaurant to celebrate my birthday's son he is just 14 years old and loves the vegetarian food. I was surprised because I've nerver imagine that the vegetarian food was so delicious. I tryed a fajitas soy meet with rice and vegetables, my son and wife order lasagna and my sister tryed a hamburger simply good
The natural juices were delicious too
It was a nice experience trying new food for all my family. I recommended it with no fear to mistake top say it will be satisface to everyone.

A TripAdvisor Member
“yummmmmmy”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

i went with my best friend to have luch and th specials are to die for, besides th prices are very reasonable and th customer service is great

Orford, Canada
“What a gem!”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We were totally amazed by the deliciousness of the food we ate here! We ordered two of the daily specials (the vegetarian lasagna and the flauta (an enchilada filled with squash, yucca, avocadoes with a delicious salsa) and both were exquisite and huge! All the daily specials were accompanied by a huge salad and a little plate with 3 types of incredible dressing (tahini, avocado/cilantro, and honey). My husband took the yogi bowl and it was AMAZING. We ordered to green juices that were just delicious! The mango/maracuya vegan pie was excellent, but the chocolate cake and organic ice cream were a bit disappointing. The terrace is really nice and we just LOVED this place!

• Visited April 2012