“Excellent vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles

JD's Watersports
Dunedin, Florida
“Excellent vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

Costa Rica is a great vacation spot. The people are great. JD Watersports did a great job at organizing a busy trip. I advise anyone driving in Costa Rica to pay extra and rent a GPS. It made getting around much easier. Villa Caletas and Peace Lodge were worth the extra expense.

Visited February 2012

great falls
“Great service...Great vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

JD's Watersports were a pleasure to work with. They were very knowledgable about Costa Rica. They listened to what you wanted out of your vacation and designed a completely customized package. They took care of every detail so we had a stress-free, wonderful vacation! I would definitely use them again!

Visited December 2011
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't use JD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Mapache car rental (arranged by JD) will basically force you to take insurance 60-70 more dollars and spend 30 minutes telling you about bad roads , any little scratches are your problem and his person to pick us up at the airport was 20 minutes late and that was after being called. Credit Cards he takes are limited beyond just visa and mastercard. he will take liberties with charges once you sign. Directions from JD are bad, lost twice, once at night from their directions. No one can be reached at their 800#'s. DO NOT USE JD

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Tom T
phoyman, Owner at JD's Watersports, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
We are very sorry this customer was unhappy with Mapache Rent-a-Car. Mapache is one of our prefered rental car agencies and normally does an outstanding job with our customers. We contacted Mapache about this customer. They told us they informed the customer about the additional insurance, as they always do, but the customer declined. We were not physically present during that conversation, so we cannot address this issue first-hand. But we are sorry this customer experienced this issue and have apologized to him directly.

This is the first serious complaint we have received about Mapache Rent-a-Car in a long time and for several hundred reservations. We asked Mapache to make sure this will not happen again. It has not happened since.

We reviewed the driving directions we provided to this customer. They were complete and accurate. Even with our driving directions, driving in Costa Rica can be challenging, particularly at night. We recommend to drive long disctances in the daytime only, because the roads are neither well-marked nor well-lit. We are very sorry this customer got lost that night and have apologized to him directly.
Sunrise, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Picky? Persnickity? Overwhelmed by options? JD's Watersports can handle all your specifics with ease.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

I knew I wanted to spend my 30th birthday in Costa Rica with my husband and my Mom (63 years young), but after looking into all the options myself I was just frusterated and overwhelmed. Luckily I found the website for JD's Watersports. I was thrilled with the variety of options for activities and accomidations they had. I worked with Pat and went through numerous revisions of the itinerary before finally deciding. The customer service was fantactic, Pat was never bothered by my questions and he always responded quickly. It was great to get that package from them with all of the finalized info, and brochures, and maps, and directions, and vouchers, and super helpful info lists. We were super excited to go!
Not only is their planning and organization impecable, but the accomidations and excursions were first class! We got more than we expected every step of the way. In 8 days we did a fantastic road trip of Costa Rica and got to see everything I wanted to (and then some). It was the perfect balance of adventure and relaxing. I know that we got an great deal with JD's Watersports too, because I tried to price and plan it all myself before I found them. I would highly recommend booking a trip to Costa Rica with JD's Watersports to anybody. They have the knowledge of the areas, the experiance with the resorts (we ran into 2 other groups of VERY happy JD's travelers along our way), and the great people who can work with all kinds of people and plan all kinds of trips. I just wish that they had this same service for some other countries because I would book with them again in a second. Costa Rica is a beautiful, friendly, and intensely interesting experiance. Go, go soon, and go back. We sure will, and will be booking with JD's Watersports for that trip too.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank VirginiaFlorida
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“JD's Watersports are the experts to go to when arranging your Costa Rica vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

I found JD's Watersports on the internet and contacted about my first trip to Costa Rica. I told them the activities we wanted to do and they worked with me to create an itinerary. There was a great balance of planned activities in the morning versus free time in the afternoon. They arranged the hotels, rental car, activities and even someone to pick us up and take us to the airport once we returned the rental car. The companies they booked for us to do the waterfall rappel and the whitewater rafting had excellent safety standards and the guides were very knowledgeable about the activity as well as the flora and fauna that surrounded us on our adventures through the rainforest. I will definitely go back to Costa Rica and will definitely use JD's Watersports again to help me plan my next trip!

Visited August 2011