“A paradise environment into San Josè...”
Review of Hotel Casa Leon

and 1 more site!
Hotel Casa Leon
Ranked #30 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

A little Hotel in a good position in the city. The owner is very professional, friendly and helpful. The Hotel is very nice and clean. I booked two differents types of rooms which the more expensive ( but not so expensive: -) ) one was really nice. Anyway also the cheaper room is nice, simple and clean. I suggest this hotel to stay at San Josè.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights in May 2014.

Initially, I was going to be fairly negative but changed my mind during my stay based on my experiences.

After several emails confirming my arrival and requesting a taxi to meet me at the Tica Bus terminal, I never received a response. I telephoned the night before to confirm my arrival and was told to arrange a taxi myself, which I didn't think was the best customer service.

However, once I did arrive, I soon discovered the owners were away on holiday at the time and arrived back on the same day that I arrived. Patrick (the owner) was incredibly friendly and helpful and spoke perfect English. It seems like the people that were looking after the place didn't speak English hence the problems I encountered.

My room was very clean and the temperature of the room itself was perfect. The bed was very comfortable. The en-suite bathroom was in good condition The free WiFi worked throughout and the kitchen area downstairs was superb.

The hotel is situated a short walking distance from the centre of San Jose. There are a wide range of shops and restaurants nearby.

I paid $55 for my stay which I thought was pretty reasonable.

I would of given the hotel 5 out of 5 if it wasn't for the initial communication problems. I would however still fully recommend this hotel for your stay in San Jose.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank mezzarino1985
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed here for one night in February 2014, it is within walking distance to the town center and the room we stayed in was basic but clean and comfortable. Patrick was very helpful and and even called our bus for us when it was late. No complaints, good value.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank archeo25
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Price - Quality is great! Casa Leon has nice spacious rooms that are clean, as is the bathroom. Owner Patrick is very helpful. He showed us nice places to visit and the best way to go from the hotel to the main street. The only thing that might be a problem for some people is that the hotel is right next to the traintracks. But the trains stop around 10 pm and start around 5 am. But this didn't bother us. Wifi works fast and is free to use.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lieke86
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed here for one night with two friends. The owner Patrick was super helpful and waited up for us as our flight didn't land till 10pm. He showed us to our room and made us feel at home. Also offers great wifi and if you pay with cash I believe that you get a discount. Wish I had more to stay but we arrived late and left early since we got picked up for a tour at 6 am.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

This is not the fanciest hotel you'll ever stay in, but for the price, it's probably one of the best deals in San Jose. Clean and comfortable rooms, pleasant owner, 5 min walk from the National Theatre and city parks, bakery 100m away. I'd return here. When trying to find it, note it's actually on a little sidestreet next to the railtracks, parallel to Calle 13 and 15, just off Avenida 6.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ms_scotsgirl
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Accepts credit cards. Has hot water and good private bathrooms with spacious showers. Clean. No breakfast included. Free internet and wifi. Has a communal fridge where you can store food or drinks. Extremely convenient location for all of San Jose's touristic activities. Bus to Cartago and Turrialba right across the street. Lovely helpful Swiss-Tican owners-managers who live onsite and are around to help you out. All this for a price of twenty dollars a night for a single. Unbelievably good deal considering how expensive Costa Rica is. N.B.: There is a train track directly adjacent to the hotel. This did not bother me, and there was no train activity on Saturday or Sunday...

If you're a seasoned traveler who wants a convenient, ensuite base to explore San Jose for a tremendous price, this is it...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo