“Charming Find”

Dining options: Reservations
New York
“Charming Find”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We enjoyed the old world charm of this intimate cozy restaurant located close to our hotel .
The restaurant was recommended both in a guide book as well as by the hotel. We were happy we stopped in, the wood panelling and old style photos give it a warm atmoshere,, as if you stepped back in time.
The service was good the waiter was friendly and the food was very enjoyable. We lingered over dinner and did not feel in the least bit rushed. A pretty, inviting restaurant with reasonable prices.

• Visited March 2012

Singapore, Singapore
“great decor, good food”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My mother and I had a great time reading all the philosophy quotes on the walls, and looking at the historic pictures of San Jose and Costa Rica. An added bonus was the English menu, great waiter, good food and reasonable prices. And it was an easy walk from our hotel, the Presidente, just past the end of the pedestrian Calle Central.

• Visited May 2012
Florida
“Nice little Central European restaurant in the Center of San Jose”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

The old owner was Polish but he retired due to ill-health. His menu was good and varied. You could watch him through open kitchen door and see how clean it was, and he frequently came out to greet guests. The last time I visited it was still good under the new owner and I will try it again one of these days. It is in the heart of the "night club" district with a pick up bar right next door, and since I'm not a frequenter of those places I have no reason to want to be nearby. BUT! Having said that it is still possible to visit the restaurant even with your wife or two ladies together and have a nice old world European meal.

2 Thank drushton
Calgary, Ab
“Favorite Italian Restaurant in San Jose”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I gave this restaurant 5's throughout only because it has remained my favorite for 20 years, and they haven't let me down yet. The head waiter Bennett has been there all that time, and, by now demonstrates more enthusiasm and attention to detail than ever. Was bought by a french woman about 5 years ago, she rejuvenated the franchise. This is a necessary stop for dinner when in San Jose.

2 Thank orski
Santa Rosa, California
“Wonderful pasta in downtown San Jose”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and I had two different pasta dishes here last week and both were wonderful. The pasta is fresh and as light as you can get in Italy.

1 Thank Susan C