“Tailored experience with an excellent guide”

Scott's Walking Tours
Ranked #40 of 124 Tours in San Jose
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Very personal off the beaten path tours.You don't have to look like a tourist. Get to explore the areas the locals enjoy and be free to go with the flow. Food markets, historic buildings, Train stations and just overall interesting spots. Allow me to share the San Jose I love. No group is too small. I can meet you at your hotel or At the John Lennon statue in Plaza de Las Artes (Chinatown) in front of Iglesia La Soledad. Feel free to call or message me about pricing and group size and duration.I work in real time with texts. If I am available I will do last minute tours. I do not go into details of history. Dates, names of famous historic figures. If this is what you are looking for, I am not your guy. I want you to visit locations with me for the experience. Getting to know the barrios and customs with some interesting trivia and not so touristy pursuits. Enjoy the people , the sites and pet some cats. Smell some flowers. Optomise your city experience. Share my love of this city now
Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

Scott is a really friendly guy with a lot of knowledge about the city. He has many quirky stories and local anecdotes to share, which we enjoyed very much. He is very experienced and knows how to tailor the tour to your interests. We really enjoyed the tour and also chose to stay at Scott's place. He has some really cool and central Airbnb rooms - check these out too if you need a place.

All reviews
"tailor"
"interests"
"sights"

Reviewed April 26, 2018

Walking around the city with Scott was a great way to start our vacation in Costa Rica. Got to see a lot of the different barrios from the central market to the nicer residential area's around zoo and Mexican Embassy. Best part with Scott was we feel like we spent the morning with a good friend showing us around a city he loves. Great stories and information that you would not have gotten on the cookie cutter tour.

Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

I totally recommend scott's walking tour. We had half a day to spend in san josé and he has been showing us different arras of the city, tips and infos about it.
Scott is really fun and friendly. And more he knows a lot about photograph so he can bring you to nice areas to take pictures.

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

This was such a fun adventure for all the fan I couldn't not share! Highly recommended. Cool thing to do with visting guests on the weekend.