“Fantastic tour of San Jose”

Scott's Walking Tours
Ranked #39 of 124 Tours in San Jose
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Very personal off the beaten path tours.You don't have to look like a tourist. Get to explore the areas the locals enjoy and be free to go with the flow. Food markets, historic buildings, Train stations and just overall interesting spots. Allow me to share the San Jose I love. No group is too small. I can meet you at your hotel or At the John Lennon statue in Plaza de Las Artes (Chinatown) in front of Iglesia La Soledad. Feel free to call or message me about pricing and group size and duration.I work in real time with texts. If I am available I will do last minute tours. I do not go into details of history. Dates, names of famous historic figures. If this is what you are looking for, I am not your guy. I want you to visit locations with me for the experience. Getting to know the barrios and customs with some interesting trivia and not so touristy pursuits. Enjoy the people , the sites and pet some cats. Smell some flowers. Optomise your city experience. Share my love of this city now
Reviewed April 1, 2018

A perfect way to start off a backpacking trip in Costa Rica. Scott is knowledgeable of local history and showed me several beautiful and unique areas in San Jose. Definitely worth it!!

All reviews
"tailor"
"interests"
"sights"

Reviewed March 6, 2018

Scott's photos show us so much about his imaginative visions of life, San Jose, Costa Rica and the light he sees that we often miss. Could we ask for anything more? His San Jose walking tour and photo workshop invite us into a world created by pure enthusiasm and inspiration. We also learn how to fine-tune our photographed insights through a new range of choices offered by the free application "Snap Seed." There's joy to be shared and good memories to be created with Scott, whose global vision and immeasurably good heart are unsurpassed.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

My husband and I love to get a local feel for a city and this is exactly what Scott's Walking Tour offers: a peek into how the locals live in San Jose. Scott showed us things we would have never known existed, and he was super knowledgeable about Costa Rican life in San Jose. He's also a ton of fun! We walked around with Scott for nearly 3 hours, and it never felt like we were being given a drab/boring tour of historical sights; rather, we were walking around with a friend: "oh, let's go here, I want to show you this place" and "I can't wait for you to taste what's next." Scott's Walking Tour was a highlight of our time in San Jose. Thank You, Scott!

Reviewed February 16, 2018

Scott knows his stuff. The tour took in the local culture of San Jose, as well as a great lesson in San Jose's history. It was a great way to orient ourselves to San Jose.
Being an aspiring photographer myself, Scott gave me many tips for editing my photos, as well as incredible photo opportunities on the tour.
When we come back to San Jose, I definitely plan on signing up for Scott's Photography Experience. Thanks for everything Scott.
Greg and Calvin (Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada)
P.S: Sorry it took so long to send in the review, but I had issues with my phone, and had to wait until I got home from our trip).