Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Tailored experience with an excellent guide

Scott is a really friendly guy with a lot of knowledge about the city. He has many quirky stories... read more

Reviewed May 3, 2018
Zara R
Leeds, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great way to see the different Barrios you would miss on your own

Walking around the city with Scott was a great way to start our vacation in Costa Rica. Got to see... read more

Reviewed April 26, 2018
BobHPhoenix_Arizona
Phoenix, Arizona

All reviews central market visiting san jose take pictures costa rica barrio parts parks neighborhoods knowledge photos facts tailor interests sights
Reviewed January 31, 2018

I would highly recommend Scott; he was friendly and full of facts about the city. We toured the post office, parks, museums and other hidden gems that I would've been unable to find on my own! It was an unforgettable learning experience that I would highly recommend to anyone visiting San Jose. Most of all,Scott loves what he does, which makes a huge difference! Thank you Scott, and keep up the good work!

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Scott knows San Jose and gave us a terrific overview of the city history tand places of interest customized to our interests and requests.
Easy to talk to and it was pleasant to spend the day with him.

ScottKWimer, Owner at Scott's Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Thanks you guys for the great review.. I had a great time!!

Reviewed December 29, 2017

I really enjoyed my walking tour with Scott. He is knowledgeable and informative and I visited parts of the city that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. Scott was happy to adapt the tour according to my needs and likes/dislikes etc. We walked through some interesting barrios with lots of stops along the way as Scott pointed out places of interest. I would recommend this tour to anyone visiting San Jose.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

My husband and I really enjoyed our relaxed walkabout with Scott, seeing the city though his eyes and experiencing San Jose like a native. We walked through the city parks, had the opportunity to go to a farmers market, eat a great meal at a local restaurant, visit and buy homemade chocolate at a local chocolate shop, shop at a second hand shop to buy a much needed jacket for return trip and experience the Xmas rush for presents by the local population. As a travel agency owner, I will be recommending this tour to my clients who want an authentic experience in San Jose.

Reviewed December 20, 2017

This is not the tour for you if you want lots of facts, but if you want to get off the beaten track and see another side of San Jose, then you should definitely do one of Scott's tours. We wanted to see more on food and the barrios. Scott took us to the main market and then to the one where Ticos do their shopping. We also went round some of the barrios with the great old houses, as well as having lunch in a soda. Being with Scott really is like being with an old friend: we meandered around the place and he was very happy to respond to our interests rather than lead us on a formal tour. We felt as if we knew the place more like a local than a tourist. Highly recommended.