The Casa Lima is a great little place with a rainforest in the center court yard complete with many different kinds of birds, a monkey, a coy pond, a waterfall and even it's own rain. It is charming and lovely and very very clean. The leaves that fell one day in the 'rainforest' courtyard complete with plant canopy were gone by the next day.
The room was lovely, simple and the bed was very comfortable. The airconditioning worked just fine. The food was wonderful, pizza and spagetti and sandwiches.
As a woman traveling alone, I was very comfortable and liked it so much that I rarely went out at night, but had dinner in because the food was really good and very reasonable!. It's a secure and safe hotel. The people are helpful, friendly and accomodating. Ask anything and you'll be helped to make choices of where to go. I loved the excursion they recommended. The 'center' of San Jose' which I really didn't like was only a $5 cab ride away. Lots of little local hole in the wall restaurants near by. Simply a wonderful place to stay. In reading some of the complaints by other travelers about things in general, I do wonder why they travel?? If you are in an open courtyard and see a fly, what are you thinking, complain to the big guy in the sky, not about the hotel.
I will be going back to San Jose for more dental work and one thing is for sure, I will stay at the Casa Lima
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A small-paradise." is what we often hear from our guests’. Casa Lima is a small exclusive bed and breakfast nestled in one of Costa Rica's unique and privileged neighborhood, Rohrmoser. Located only 15 minutes from San Jose city centre and the airport, Casa Lima offers the perfect strategic location for visiting the Central Valley and exploring Costa Rica. Only a short drive away from all the amenities of San Jose and Escazu, yet located in a tranquil and relaxed tropical setting. Casa Lima is only two blocks away from the American Embassy in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Casa Lima B & B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Lima Bed And Breakfast
- Casa Lima Hotel San Jose
- Casa Lima B & B Costa Rica/San Jose