This hotel is average at best, the rooms are OK but our "executive suite" rooms had a window that looked into the noisy laundry room and was a bit smelly. (Adding insult we had thought we had actually booked a cheaper room but were placed in a more expensive "suite" which they informed us of when we left).
The hotel shut its pizza restaurant for our first night and only told us at 8.30pm as we sat for dinner, (this would have been fine if they had told us when we checked in) their advice was to walk to a chinese or McDonalds. Breakfast was poor too, involving bread and jam with a few slices of fruit - although the service at breakfast was OK.
On the plus side the service is OK, the maid is great and the staff are friendly. The location is quite good if you want to avoid the centre and it is near malls if you like them.
The hotel is simply not value for money ($75, not including tax - not the $65 we wanted).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A small-paradise." is what we often hear from our guests’. Casa Lima is a small exclusive bed and breakfast nestled in one of Costa Rica's unique and privileged neighborhood, Rohrmoser. Located only 15 minutes from San Jose city centre and the airport, Casa Lima offers the perfect strategic location for visiting the Central Valley and exploring Costa Rica. Only a short drive away from all the amenities of San Jose and Escazu, yet located in a tranquil and relaxed tropical setting. Casa Lima is only two blocks away from the American Embassy in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Lima B & B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Lima Hotel San Jose
- Casa Lima Bed And Breakfast
- Casa Lima B & B Costa Rica/San Jose