“Danny was fantastic! Money well spent!”

Costa Rica Driver - Tours
Ranked #3 of 27 Transportation in San Jose
NJ
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Danny was fantastic! Money well spent!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

As two couples traveling on a fairly tight schedule, we decided to go Danny's private shuttle. We booked Danny for two days. The first day we went from the airport to a small hotel around Turrialba. The second day Danny took us from Turrialba to Puerto Viejo. On both days Danny was fantastic. He is extremely professional. He is quite the conversationalist. He answers any questions you have about the country. He goes out of his way to make sure your itinerary is perfectly followed, while at the same time is very flexible in making ad-hoc changes. He showed us beautiful scenery, the volcano, and great food. We highly recommend him, especially since his prices are so competitive compared to other private shuttles and long-distance taxi services!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank tzoom84

Phoenix, Arizona
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 161 helpful votes
“Thanks to Edwin and Danny for making our trip perfect!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I hired Costa Rica Drivers based on other Trip Advisor comments. All the A+ comments are accurate. They were on time, safe, stopped anytime you wanted, shared information about the country/areas, stopped at great souvenirs stores with great selections/prices, took us to local restaurants, stopped and spotted the only sloth we saw in CR and also gave us some “non talk” time so you could enjoy your thoughts and the views. I like that they try and give you the same driver for each leg. We had three legs and had the pleasure of having Edwin drive us around. Danny the owner was very responsive with emails, bookings, flexibility, etc. I would recommend (and have already done so) without hesitation. The roads in CR don’t seem that well marked and roads are twisty with lots of cars passing and one lane bridges (so if you do the car rental route, get GPS and drive only during the day). It was so un stressful hiring a drivier. I know we saw things we would not have seen if we rented a car.

Visited November 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fantastic whirlwind tour with Edwin”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My friend and I only had one day in San Jose. We were flying in at 8 pm and leaving the next morning at 10 am. I traded e-mails with Danny and he planned a great tour. His e-mails were prompt and provided more than the necessary information. On the day of the tour our driver, Edwin, was prompt and went out of his way to show us his country. We were able to see Poas Volcano, La Paz, and a coffee plantation. Overall, Edwin exceeded our expectation and I highly recommend booking your transportation and tours with this company!

Visited November 2013
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Danny Jimenez, outstanding Cost Rica Driver”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful trip to Costa Rica. We used Danny Jimenez for 3 tranfers and could not have been more pleased with the service he provided! Each driver, Danny himself, Edwin, and Esbaldo was prompt, safe, professional, helpful, and just showed us a great time; informing us of the sights along the way, as well as stopping at great places for souvenirs and meals. You can trust this company. You will not be disappointed! FYI -- I would not advise considering renting a car and driving yourself due to winding and poorly marked roads.

Carolyn from Dallas

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Carolyn C
Orlando
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“oscar was terrific”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Based on Trip Advisor reviews I hired Costa Rica Driver to transport our family on the 3 legs of our 10 day trip to Costa Rica. Oscar picked us up at the airport in San Jose just as planned and delivered us to our resort near Arenal 3.5 hours later. 3 days later he took us from Arenal to Quepos (all day trip). He took us to a delightful restuarant on the water for lunch and it was not a tourist place at all and was filled with locals. Finally, he picked us up early on our last day and delivered us safely back to the airport in plenty of time for our trip home. He was professional and very friendly. He answered all our questions, helped set up wifi in the van for the "twenty-somethings" to enjoy all their electronic gadgets. Oh, and very safe driver. I will definately recommend him and hire him again when we return which we will.

Visited September 2013