“Great food and even better company”
Review of Park Cafe

Park Cafe
Ranked #20 of 673 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Please read important reservation information on our website before making your booking. Thank you.
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had lunch there, it turn into a four hour meal! Our friends took us there and we had so much fun that four hours where to short! The place is great! The food to die for! The art very nice!

1  Thank Geinier

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This place is both an antique store and a refined creative restaurant. The atmosphere is very interesting, as you're dining with art around you that you can purchase. The menu is very creative and different, the food is presented beautifully. You must be a foodie to enjoy the menu since it is different, lots of game meats, rabbit, and different flavors. The marriage of flavors are very nice, the food is impeccable, the price hurts the wallet...but I believe you should go for the whole experience.

2  Thank HighHeelsTourist
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I eat here whenever I get the chance. I had been buying antiques at Park Cafe for some time as Louise France has impeccable taste in furnishings. She told me that her boyfriend Richard would be opening a restaurant and the rest is history. From the baguette to the dessert, it is a wonderful food experience coupled with great service and a beautiful environment. It might seem a little pricey (compared to other restaurants it is not much more) but when you live here you realize how expensive it is to import things then you realize that Richard is not really making that much money and is just covering his costs. The primary business is antiques. I lived in San Francisco (a great culinary destination and I had the pleasure to eat out more than the average resident from places like Gary Danko, Farallon, Chapeau, Boulevard, Delfina and Kabuto Sushi - I spend a good amount of money on food) and would argue that this restaurant would command prices much higher there and would probably be very hard to get into.

3  Thank Jason H
Reviewed June 24, 2013

An excellent choice for fine dining in San José, Costa Rica!! An intimate, cozy setting where the few tables are surrounded by lovely antiques (for sale). The food is exciting with unexpected flavor combinations and artistry in plating. Do reserve! I rejoice at the prospect of dining at Park Café!

2  Thank Kathryn K
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a "must eat" location if you are a foodie. Creative cuisine, excellent staff and personable chef make the experience well worth the price tag. It is a bit expensive by Costa Rica standards but in life you often get what you pay for and this is the case. I have only been here a handful of times but I always look for excuses to stop in for lunch. My advice, make the stop yourself.

Cheers & Enjoy